cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got approved, but I have a quick question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got approved, but I have a quick question?

I'm so happy, I was approved by my CU for 100% financing Smiley Happy and received a 10.4% APR (EX score 660). 

Since my APR isn't so great I want to refinance as soon as my scores start to move back up.   So here's my question, around what neighborhood should my score be before I try to refi?  I'm hoping to refi and get at least an 8% apr if not lower, my CU told me there's no minimum wait time so I could try to refi at any time.  Any advice?

TIA

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Got approved, but I have a quick question?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm so happy, I was approved by my CU for 100% financing Smiley Happy and received a 10.4% APR (EX score 660). 

Since my APR isn't so great I want to refinance as soon as my scores start to move back up.   So here's my question, around what neighborhood should my score be before I try to refi?  I'm hoping to refi and get at least an 8% apr if not lower, my CU told me there's no minimum wait time so I could try to refi at any time.  Any advice?

TIA

I'd wait at least 6 months but that's just me. And I would ask the same person at the CU who helped you with this loan what kind of score you will need to lower that rate. They should know better than anyone.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.