Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my 2008 Nissan Rogue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my 2008 Nissan Rogue

Hello Everyone,
I got my 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD, Wicked Black (that is what they call the color black, really)  and I did it with the help of this forum. I feel like I made out like a bandit! Smiley Very Happy  The valuable information on applying to multiple sources, especially credit unions made it easier to expand my options.  I applied to Chase, Capital One, CCCU and my local CU and was approved by all. I am happy to say that CCCU was the lowest at 6%. But, when I presented this to the finance mgr at the dealership, who by the way tried to quote me a rate >10%, he was able to find it somewhere in his bag of tricks a way to approve me for 5.24%!!!!!!!!! Yes I am happy! Considering that 12 years ago when I bought my Nissan 200SX I was charged 13% by Nissan.  I am always telling my friends about myfico.com because the information is valuable. I saved alot of money in interest since I had my own financing and they needed to beat it to get the financing rights. Thank you to everyone for your valuable input and letting us learn from your experience. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Got my 2008 Nissan Rogue

Hey please enter your info in the Auto Approvals Thread, it will be beneficial to others thanks!

Congrats on your new ride! Hope you enjoy!

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 06-21-2008 08:17 PM
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 11
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your new car! I love the Rogues, great choice!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long is your loan term? I bought my Xterra in January and got 5.99% for 72 months (although I rolled negative equity into it too)...I'm thinking had I waited a few more months after the Fed dropped their rate 2 more times if I could have done better.

CONGRATS!!!!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Islandchild82. I am really, really enjoying it, especially my Bluetooth and the Bose system.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My loan term is 63 months and I tried to keep it as close to 60 as possible. Since I plan to pay extra on the principal I can still accomplish 60 mos or less..
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank yoiu Schoolbuskid. I am looking for the auto approval thread and I am at a loss. I will continue to search for it.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. That's awesome...and kudos to you for working them to the point of giving you a great rate!
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you UpUpUp! I will say this, if you do your homework anything is possible!  I felt confident that I got a good deal and did not stray too far from my $350/mo. target pymt by focusing on the price of the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And not focusing on the payment, at least not with the dealership.  I did my own calculations on Edmunds.com and Consumerreports.com. I would recommend doing your homework!
Message 9 of 11
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Hey if you look at the top its right under the "Enhanced Auto Score" thread! It is a pinned thread at the top of Auto Loans!

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 06-22-2008 07:48 PM
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.