Not applicable

Re: Got my car!!! thanks to you guys!!!

Congrats!!!!

-MsMS
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glam, Mine too! Did you have any problems with the BK when getting the loans? Or do you think it was old enough that they didn't really look at it?

Message Edited by vesper on 05-19-2008 10:30 AM
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@InfinitiG35 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
How old is your BK if you don't mind me asking?

Also, Infiniti, your scores don't seem bad at all....wondering why your were declined?

Vesper, I wonder why too. I was able to raise my score by lowering utilization and disputing some accounts so they could report correctly (zero balance). But that goes to show that having a high score doesn't always help. I have 3 COs and 3-4 collections (depending on the credit bureau). I've tried GWs that so far haven't worked.

For the credit cards that denied me, 1 of them said I "had a collection within the last 2 years" and another said "a delinquent credit obligation, paid or unpaid, appears on your report." I may have lowered my utilization, but at this point, the only other thing that can help me is time, so that the baddies can age or drop off my reports.

That sucksSmiley Sad Are any of your collections paid though? I have a couple of CO's and a collection and a paid collection. I really hope I don't get denied...
Message 13 of 16
InfinitiG35
Contributor

yeah, most of my collections are paid. The last one is on a payment plan (I got into it before i learned what a PFD was), but I guess it still doesnt matter. Citi declined me for "a delinquent credit obligation, either paid or unpaid" so I guess they don't care that it was paid! LOL. I've seen some people on this forum say that collections hurt less after 2 years so I'm hoping that I can get approved in the next 2 years, and by then, these recent inquiries would have fallen off too. But thank God for Capital One! So far they (and Bank of America) are the only ones that have approved me for an auto loan. And the funny thing is one of my COs is from an old Capital One card...LOL. But I paid the collection agency they sold it to.
Chase Amazon: $3,000 | Chase Slate: $4,800 | Barclaycard Upromise: $4,000 | Chase Freedom: $4,000 | CapOne Platinum: $3,500 | CapOne Quicksilver: $5,000 | Credit One Bank: $2,100 | BofA Better Balance Rewards: $1,000 | Sony Card: $1,000 | CapOne Platinum: $300 | Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex Delta SkyMiles: ???? | CareCredit: $13,560 | Discover IT: $6,500 | Barclaycard Apple: $3,500 | Overstock: $4,500 | Wayfair: $4,000
Message 14 of 16
glamchick
Established Contributor

The car dealership did bring up the bankruptcy but she said its old and you've been good since then so they didnt even consider it. 

They also brought up a charge off that I just paid in full.  She asked me waht happened.

Thats about it though.
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@InfinitiG35 wrote:
yeah, most of my collections are paid. The last one is on a payment plan (I got into it before i learned what a PFD was), but I guess it still doesnt matter. Citi declined me for "a delinquent credit obligation, either paid or unpaid" so I guess they don't care that it was paid! LOL. I've seen some people on this forum say that collections hurt less after 2 years so I'm hoping that I can get approved in the next 2 years, and by then, these recent inquiries would have fallen off too. But thank God for Capital One! So far they (and Bank of America) are the only ones that have approved me for an auto loan. And the funny thing is one of my COs is from an old Capital One card...LOL. But I paid the collection agency they sold it to.

LOL...yeah Cap One keeps sending me pre-approved we want your business back letters. I was CO with them a few years ago.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.