Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my new Ride!

tag
TheFate
Established Contributor

Got my new Ride!

After 4 days of going back and forth over price negotiations, the dealer called me in today and said Ok...Ok... You got your way lets make the deal!

6 hours of paperwork later and I left the lot with a 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus!

The MSRP with all the features added was 42k, after using Truecar and my years of haggle experience I talked them down to 36k before Tax and DMV fees.

The score they pulled on my Auto Fico was 694 and was orginally offered a rate of 4.49%. I declined and bluffed that I had a 1.49% pre approval and they said great thats best to go that route lol

After getting into the Fiance office he asked about it saying he didn't see the inquiry. I simply told him it was a pre approval and a soft inquiry was used. He said ok well if we can sign the paper work today i'll give you 3.29% with a 7 day shop around option so I agreed.

I know some people say not to add on the Extended warranty but in this particular case I thought it was worth it. Also what I thought was weird was after signing the papers the finance guy Nick tells me btw we wanted your inquriry to go to good use so we also got you approved for a Master card by Chrysler for $4,200, anything you buy for your car you'll get 20% off. I'm thinking I didn't apply for that but ok I guess I'll take it lol

What you guys think?

photo 20141115_185954_zpsjqbmwz9x.jpg photo 20141115_185926_zpsuquzfdvq.jpg photo 20141115_185939_zpswnxktarz.jpg

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Re: Got my new Ride!

@TheFate wrote:

After 4 days of going back and forth over price negotiations, the dealer called me in today and said Ok...Ok... You got your way lets make the deal!

6 hours of paperwork later and I left the lot with a 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus!

The MSRP with all the features added was 42k, after using Truecar and my years of haggle experience I talked them down to 36k before Tax and DMV fees.

The score they pulled on my Auto Fico was 694 and was orginally offered a rate of 4.49%. I declined and bluffed that I had a 1.49% pre approval and they said great thats best to go that route lol

After getting into the Fiance office he asked about it saying he didn't see the inquiry. I simply told him it was a pre approval and a soft inquiry was used. He said ok well if we can sign the paper work today i'll give you 3.29% with a 7 day shop around option so I agreed.

I know some people say not to add on the Extended warranty but in this particular case I thought it was worth it. What you guys think?

photo 20141115_185954_zpsjqbmwz9x.jpg photo 20141115_185926_zpsuquzfdvq.jpg photo 20141115_185939_zpswnxktarz.jpg

Congrats! I wish more peope would share pictures.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  Great looking car and thanks for the pictures.  Don't worry about what you've heard about extended warranties.  They have their place depending on price and type.  I spent a lot of time in the auto business in sales and saw repeatedly huge repair bills being covered by warranties.  I get one every time I buy a car and just got one two months ago for my 2015 Chrysler 200.  Hopefully you will never have to use it but it's good to know its there when the standard warranty runs out.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice car!  I sat in a 2015 Challenger R/T and they have really done a nice job with the update.  I'm considering getting a Scat Pack when I buy a car next year.  So the MSRP was $42000 and you got it for $36000?  How much below True Car is that?  I can get special pricing at $700 under invoice, but you had to be at least $2500 under invoice with that price.  Nice negotiating.

Message 4 of 10
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!  Great looking car and thanks for the pictures.  Don't worry about what you've heard about extended warranties.  They have their place depending on price and type.  I spent a lot of time in the auto business in sales and saw repeatedly huge repair bills being covered by warranties.  I get one every time I buy a car and just got one two months ago for my 2015 Chrysler 200.  Hopefully you will never have to use it but it's good to know its there when the standard warranty runs out.

Thanks!

Yea I thought it was a good deal as one major problem alone and its already paid itself off. Plus I basically got it for free since I negoitated more off the total than what the warranty cost... Those Chrysler 200's are pretty sweet too! Did you get it fully equipped?

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice car!  I sat in a 2015 Challenger R/T and they have really done a nice job with the update.  I'm considering getting a Scat Pack when I buy a car next year.  So the MSRP was $42000 and you got it for $36000?  How much below True Car is that?  I can get special pricing at $700 under invoice, but you had to be at least $2500 under invoice with that price.  Nice negotiating.

Yea those Scat Packs are nice but if I'm going to pay that much than I might as well just get the SRT. Now those are true beasts!

It was a total of 2,300 I negoitated below invoice which was lower than anyone in my area according to the truecar site haha

I just stuck to my guns and didn't give in... I walked out of the dealership twice, they kept calling and emailling I told them 36k and we gotta deal. Then I bluffed and said there was a white one in LA with the same features I'm going to go test drive as we speak and the manager said ok..ok if I give it to you for 36k will you turn around right now and come get it? lol I said sure but not a penny more, if it goes over by 1 cent I'm done with this deal, he gave me his promise and kept it.

Message 5 of 10
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

Nice!!!!!! Hope more people post pics when they get a new ride. I know I will once I get my RX350 F Sport LOL Congrats on a sweet ride!
Started 6/2014 EX 594 EQ 617 TU 580 FICO's Goal is 740's and up
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheFate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

Yea I thought it was a good deal as one major problem alone and its already paid itself off. Plus I basically got it for free since I negoitated more off the total than what the warranty cost... Those Chrysler 200's are pretty sweet too! Did you get it fully equipped?

Message 7 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If im not mistaken the credit card is through first national bank so that will give you free Fico score monthly and SP CLI every 6 months if you call and ask so Id be super happy about that!!!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that's a nice car.
Message 9 of 10
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

If im not mistaken the credit card is through first national bank so that will give you free Fico score monthly and SP CLI every 6 months if you call and ask so Id be super happy about that!!!

Yes you're correct, the card is from First National ohama you really know your cards haha

So if they have free fico and SP cli that's sweet I'm gonna call and see if I can get a recon for a larger amount. 

I also called Chase EO since they ran an inquiry at the dealer and asked if they could use the same hard pull to see if I can get the Chase freedom. He said he wasn't sure but they would contact me in a few days... hopefully they can

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.