Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grace period for hard pulls?

tag
razorsedgenwo
Established Member

Grace period for hard pulls?

A friend took a loan out today. If she applies for 2 credit cards today is she gonna get hit twice or do the powers that be lessen the hit since its a short amount of time between pulls? Thanks for the advice.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Grace period for hard pulls?

Pretty sure that multiple auto loan or mortgage pulls will be lumped together in the scoring gods eyes if they occur in a short period (48 hours?) of time, but each and every credit card pull you take is unique and will be reported by the respecting credit bureau.

Maybe others here with more experience will chime in if I'm wrong...

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Grace period for hard pulls?

Money is correct.  Multiple pulls for an auto loan will be viewed as one event because you are not going to have multiple loans on one car but if you apply for 2 credit cards you have applied twice.  I generally bunch my credit card apps closely and then wait 9-12 months for those hard pulls to age versus doing one every month for example.  For better information there is a FICO score and credit card section that can provide her with specific strategies.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.