Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Car Buying Experience

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great Car Buying Experience

I just got a 2009 CAMRY XLE w/ NAV, leather heated seats, wood trim center console, VSC and traction control, and carpeted mats plus trunk mat. I almost got the 2008 Accord EX-L...but they just weren't giving me a great deal --- camry purchase details below.

MSRP - $29499 (not including mats)
Invoice - $26526
Negotiated Price - $25676 ($850 below invoice + rebates)
----------minus $500 Factory Rebate
----------minus $400 Factory Graduate Rebate
OTD= $24776 + $100 (doc fee) + TTL.

Total was $25,847.

My goal was $25.5K OTD. Since I went over my goal I negotiated 5.64% financing (and free 5-piece mat set), even though I got the rebate (it is normally either or)...-so they threw in the special financing, which was better than my bank's 6.39%.

In the end, I feel like it was a good deal. Any thoughts?

355 Toyota in MD was really good to work with - it was almost too easy --- at the dealership I felt like I should have asked for more, lol --- but I think that always happens when negotiation goes well.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Great Car Buying Experience

Man that was a great car buying experience, i glad it worked in your favor.

My mom is currently in the market for a 09 Hyundai Sonata, we have found a dealer MSRP 22345, theyre selling for 18338 (SE Model) plus tax title and doc fee...The lowest weve found by far!

Just hope that the financing goes through!

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 08-01-2008 08:45 PM
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Schoolbuskid - the new Sonatas are really nice--good luck with your mom's financing! I hope it all comes through!
Message 3 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Man! I know you are going to enjoy that car, the camry is the car that i was considering buying, but im more of a SUV guy! They look good, happy driving!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 4 of 10
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

pj, what are your fico scores? That's a great deal!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scramblingin2007 wrote:

Scrambling - interested in a Toyota, by chance, lol, j/k.

My scores are all between 740 - 780.
Message 6 of 10
afijunkie
Contributor

Congrats on the new car! My fiance was looking at the Camry but ended up getting a Lexus IS350 for only a few thousand more. She got a great deal, her interest is around 3.7%.
What i dont get is why her MyFico scores are lower than the ones the dealer pulled. Her scores on her are just over 700, but the dealer paper states over 750? Anyone know why this is?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds like fico auto enhanced scores. means that some auto lenders overweight payment history on past car loans. generally if your past auto loans are perfect your auto enhanced score will be higher and lower if you have missed payments.
Message 8 of 10
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@scramblingin2007 wrote:

Scrambling - interested in a Toyota, by chance, lol, j/k.

My scores are all between 740 - 780.

Well that explains why you got such a great deal! I'm not in 700 land just yet, hopefully by fall I will be there! I want a prius so badly!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck scrambling - hopefully, production will catch up with demand for the prius by the time your ready to purchase, so you can get a better deal!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.