Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Credit...No Job!

tag
BlueHusky
Contributor

Great Credit...No Job!

Hello everyone,

Quick question about qualifying for an Auto loan...what are the chances with no job? I've been in school for the past 4 years for college, and upon graduation took I job that I didn't like. I resigned after 2 months, and I'm not looking for another job (I have quite a few interviews though!). Would I be able to qualify for an auto loan? I have great credit, but like I said, no job. I live with my girlfriend, and she has a job, but I assume I couldn't use her income without putting her on the loan.

If I can't get one with no job, can I get one the DAY I get a new job?? Like, bring them the contract instead of a paystub? I ask because my car broke down after I quit my other job (horrible timing) and now I have no way to get around when I do get a new job! Ugh! I have to keep borrowing a car, but that's getting hard!

Advice please! Thanks

Starting Score: 583 (CreditKarma, 2009)
Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Great Credit...No Job!

0%

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 4
jllunas
Contributor

The bank is going to want some income information. If you don't have income the bank will not want to approve you. In there eyes they are going to wonder how you are going to pay them back with out a job.

Transunion 698
Equifax 713
Experian 700
Goal Score 750
HWLBA
Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Exactly right^^^.  Why would the bank loan you any money if you have zero income to repay the debt? BTW, that is a question you need to ask yourself: Why would you borrow money without any steady source of income?

Get a job first, get your income steady and save for a large down payment. Borrow a vehicle or take public transportation until you can do it on your own. Don't rely on your GF to finance a vehicle for you - that is a recipe for disaster.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.