Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great credit and low income

tag
felyasocal
New Contributor

Great credit and low income

My wife's lease is about to end. She is going to lease another car. Cap cost will be between 28-30K. She has pretty good credit. FICO is about 755.
Here is the problem. She makes about 35K a year. So if there were any issues, I would cosign for her. I have two cars leased under my name. Two weeks ago I was laid off. So I am not sure how this works, but I don't think I can cosign for her without a job.
My question is whether her income is too low to lease or not? I was told that it should not be a problem. She doesn't have any other debt and her credit utilization is very low. I haven't applied for credit at any of the dealers yet because I don't want hard inquiries. Just curious right now as to the process. She has 3 months so I am sure I'll be employed again before then, but we got an amazing offer which would pay off her current lease and give us a great offer on a new car that she wanted. But it has to be done before end of next week.

Thank you in advance!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Great credit and low income

I think it will all boil down to the payment and DTI ratio, if she can demonstrate the ability to pay she should be fine.  Once you have income co-signing would make it easier assuming you don't have a terrible DTI.

Message 2 of 5
felyasocal
New Contributor

Her DTI is quiet low. May be 10%. Car lease is going to be about 10% of her gross monthly income.

Mine is actually higher. I made, will make, a lot more money than she does, but my DTI is about 25% to 35%.
Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I'm thinking she may be okay if her DTI is low. That is where the strong FICO would help.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
felyasocal
New Contributor

I was very worried (because they asked for her pay stubs and Green Card), but she got approved all on her own. Can't wait to sign the lease. Her credit is really going to shoot up too 800 hopefully =)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.