Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 114
Registered: ‎06-18-2008
0

Guaranteed approval

One of the big dealers around me are having an acquisition sale for the next 4 days.

The ad came in the mail that all are approved and bankers will be on hand.

It says 37 dollars down, drive away, guaranteed approval?

What is everyone's take on this? I am in dire need of a car right now, and do have a great

income but have a repo from 6 months ago due to being laid off!

Am I wrong in thinking Guaranteed approval is a definite thing?

3/28/12- (fako from karma) TU-553
Community Leader
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,075
Registered: ‎03-06-2010
0

Re: Guaranteed approval

What does the fine print on the ad say?

Usually it has a bunch of limitations that totally reverse what the headlines claim.

 

Be careful, there is no such thing as a guaranteed approval.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 114
Registered: ‎06-18-2008
0

Re: Guaranteed approval

There is no fine print on it!

3/28/12- (fako from karma) TU-553
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,057
Registered: ‎09-29-2009
0

Re: Guaranteed approval

Car dealers can get almost anyone financed that has a good income regardless of how bad the credit history may be. I wouldn't count on the $37 down with a recent repossession but a reasonable down payment (20-25%) will make some lenders willing to take the risk. I'm willing to bet somewhere on your flyer it has a disclaimer such as "Subject to credit approval."

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Epic Contributor
Posts: 23,347
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Guaranteed approval


bubbles0605 wrote:

One of the big dealers around me are having an acquisition sale for the next 4 days.

The ad came in the mail that all are approved and bankers will be on hand.

It says 37 dollars down, drive away, guaranteed approval?

What is everyone's take on this? I am in dire need of a car right now, and do have a great

income but have a repo from 6 months ago due to being laid off!

Am I wrong in thinking Guaranteed approval is a definite thing?


Back home where I came from we had a Kia Dealership that always advertised like this (we have a Nissan one that does it here in CA too) but I know at the Kia that "Could" mean as much as:

50% of purchase price down

Tax/Title and Fees Down

and up to 29.9% I think at time highest legal interest rate.

 

Now while the rio use to be $8990... most don't have $5k on hand when trying to buy a $9k car.... financing is ALWAYS possible... just depends how badly you need it!

 

Now for you....

How much is still owed for the car repo? I assume it's been sold now and you have the figure for difference?

Any other baddies like charged off credit cards, or is it just the car?

anything good on your credit and open right now?

any recent score you have?

Fico Scores: EQ- 668 DCU., TU 704 Best Buy, EX 700 Chase (2/5/15)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
67 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 268
Registered: ‎06-26-2009
0

Re: Guaranteed approval


bubbles0605 wrote:

One of the big dealers around me are having an acquisition sale for the next 4 days.

The ad came in the mail that all are approved and bankers will be on hand.

It says 37 dollars down, drive away, guaranteed approval?

What is everyone's take on this? I am in dire need of a car right now, and do have a great

income but have a repo from 6 months ago due to being laid off!

Am I wrong in thinking Guaranteed approval is a definite thing?


 

 

Would you believe me if I told you I was selling this bridge? :smileyvery-happy:

 

I doubt you would, and those "We`ll approve everyone" gimicks always come with stipulations

 

 

 

 

 

 

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Regular Contributor
Posts: 114
Registered: ‎06-18-2008
0

Re: Guaranteed approval

well................. you all were right!!!! They are trying to get us approved through GM financial right now. DH has one charged off cc from 2010 and a couple medical things that we didnt even know were on there. It also lists the repo and a paid auto loan through Ford. The finance guy did say it was a good thing that he had a paid auto loan on there, and that he did see a window of oppurtunity. 

I am really desperate right now and need a reliable vehicle!

No new TL's cause know one will let us prove our credit worthiness now!

3/28/12- (fako from karma) TU-553
Moderator
Posts: 12,952
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Guaranteed approval


lajntx wrote:

bubbles0605 wrote:

One of the big dealers around me are having an acquisition sale for the next 4 days.

The ad came in the mail that all are approved and bankers will be on hand.

It says 37 dollars down, drive away, guaranteed approval?

What is everyone's take on this? I am in dire need of a car right now, and do have a great

income but have a repo from 6 months ago due to being laid off!

Am I wrong in thinking Guaranteed approval is a definite thing?


 

 

Would you believe me if I told you I was selling this bridge? :smileyvery-happy:

 

I doubt you would, and those "We`ll approve everyone" gimicks always come with stipulations

 

 

 

 

 

 


How much?    LOL!!!!!   :smileyhappy:


Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 268
Registered: ‎06-26-2009
0

Re: Guaranteed approval


bubbles0605 wrote:

well................. you all were right!!!! They are trying to get us approved through GM financial right now. DH has one charged off cc from 2010 and a couple medical things that we didnt even know were on there. It also lists the repo and a paid auto loan through Ford. The finance guy did say it was a good thing that he had a paid auto loan on there, and that he did see a window of oppurtunity. 

I am really desperate right now and need a reliable vehicle!

No new TL's cause know one will let us prove our credit worthiness now!


FYI- GM Financial used to be Americredit. Before the financial collapse,  Americredit, HSBC,  & Santander were the largest players in the sub-prime auto  loans to anyone with a pulse.  GM bought out Americredit in order to be able to sell their vehicles to sub-prime buyers because Ally basically was refusing to finance anyone with less than stellar credit. If you do get the loan go into knowing that the phrase OTET " On time every time" is firmly laser etched into texas pink granite and they have almost ZERO tolerance for being late by just a little bit before they will accelerate the note.

 

You mentioned a paid off loan with Ford and a repo.... was the repo a ford loan? If it wasnt you might find you could get better terms through Ford and their Tier 4/5 programs.

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Regular Contributor
Posts: 230
Registered: ‎03-21-2012
0

Re: Guaranteed approval


lajntx wrote:

bubbles0605 wrote:

well................. you all were right!!!! They are trying to get us approved through GM financial right now. DH has one charged off cc from 2010 and a couple medical things that we didnt even know were on there. It also lists the repo and a paid auto loan through Ford. The finance guy did say it was a good thing that he had a paid auto loan on there, and that he did see a window of oppurtunity. 

I am really desperate right now and need a reliable vehicle!

No new TL's cause know one will let us prove our credit worthiness now!


FYI- GM Financial used to be Americredit. Before the financial collapse,  Americredit, HSBC,  & Santander were the largest players in the sub-prime auto  loans to anyone with a pulse.  GM bought out Americredit in order to be able to sell their vehicles to sub-prime buyers because Ally basically was refusing to finance anyone with less than stellar credit. If you do get the loan go into knowing that the phrase OTET " On time every time" is firmly laser etched into texas pink granite and they have almost ZERO tolerance for being late by just a little bit before they will accelerate the note.

 

You mentioned a paid off loan with Ford and a repo.... was the repo a ford loan? If it wasnt you might find you could get better terms through Ford and their Tier 4/5 programs.


I agree!  Be very, very careful with GM Financial. If you are even 1 day late, they will add ridiculous fees and will report lates to the CBS.  I would avoid this company if at all possible!    

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 700 (02/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 5k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 4K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.