HELP PLEASE - PenFed Auto Refinance Pending

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: PenFed Auto Refinance Approved!

@Booner72 wrote:

@IOBA wrote:

Just FYI -

Penfed requires a FICO score of 700+ to give new credit.   They will sometimes factor in other things, like your relationship with them if your credit score is borderline.

My car has 116k+  Keeping that car as long as possible!  Smiley Happy

That's nothing.  My Pathfinder had 180 and still ran like a CHAMP (though was falling apart aside from that part).  When we were selling it on craiglist last weekend I saw LOTS of "good runners" with 250+K miles.  Some even had over 300K.   I read on here that people "need" a new car bc it has over 100K miles.  I don't think that's a very good reason for "needing" a new car.  Just change the oil and do the maintenance. And tell yourself you LOVE this car and you LOVE no payment.   

Penfed will not consider anything under 700; that's what the credit person told me. Very tough on their lending/credit card policy.

On the other hand, my F-150 had 289k miles when it got totalled. I would still be using it if it wasn't totalled. The thing ran great; of course i took  great care of it.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.