Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy to finally refi!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy to finally refi!

In February of 2015, I was just my rebuild and needed to buy a new car.  At that time my best option was to purchase a brand new car as I was very upside down and it helped me recover a good part of the loss.  My interest rate ended up being 12%.  Not great, but considering my old loan was with a co signer, I dealt with it.  I continued to focus on rebuilding and recovering.  

SInce my LTV was not great from being upside down and it being a new car with instant depreciation, I obviously knew I had to be patient with refi.  I recently joined a small local Credit Union and was happy to find out they would consider refi at 125%.  I decided to pull the trigger and low and behold I was approved for 3.99%!  I was able to shave almost $60 off my payment and trimmed 6 months of the life of the loan!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Happy to finally refi!

Congratulations on your refi!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Cellice
Regular Contributor

Congrats

Message 3 of 5
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the rate and cutting down on the length of the loan

Message 4 of 5
nycplayboy78
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In February of 2015, I was just my rebuild and needed to buy a new car.  At that time my best option was to purchase a brand new car as I was very upside down and it helped me recover a good part of the loss.  My interest rate ended up being 12%.  Not great, but considering my old loan was with a co signer, I dealt with it.  I continued to focus on rebuilding and recovering.  

SInce my LTV was not great from being upside down and it being a new car with instant depreciation, I obviously knew I had to be patient with refi.  I recently joined a small local Credit Union and was happy to find out they would consider refi at 125%.  I decided to pull the trigger and low and behold I was approved for 3.99%!  I was able to shave almost $60 off my payment and trimmed 6 months of the life of the loan!

Congratz on your refi could you please give a little more information about your credit history (scores, baddies, etc) also what credit union did you go with because if you search this thread you WILL BE surprised at what pops up and they may have insight on you getting even more credit from your new CU Smiley Happy

EX08 801 EQ08 812 TU08 805 Total Credit Line: $100K+
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.