Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harley Davidson

tag
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Harley Davidson

Congrats on the new Harley. If you financed through Eaglemark Savings Bank, keep an eye on your monthly statements if you manage your account online. I'm speaking from experience. Experian, TransUnion and Equifax listed this account on my reports as a "finance account" similar to furniture store credit....it's not classified as an auto loan.

The interest is compounded "daily" and calculated based on your balance. I have excellent credit and in 2010 couldn't get them to budge on the interest rate so I ended up agreeing to the 9.2% APR...but I also had a plan in mind too. I AM NOT recommending that anyone do this but I deposited balance transfer checks to my checking account with a 0.0% APR (and no fee) for 18 months and paid off the Eaglemark Savings Bank loan at 9.2%. It was much easier to swallow paying back the balance transfer "loan" at 0.0% than it would have been to pay an outrageous interest rate for 48 months....and I paid off the entire balance on my cards in 18 months too (discipline, discipline, discipline). Again, it's a risk but one I was willing to take so I didn't have interest accruing each and every month.

Message 11 of 12
ravaage
Established Member

Re: Harley Davidson

@IrishPM wrote:

Congrats on the new Harley. If you financed through Eaglemark Savings Bank, keep an eye on your monthly statements if you manage your account online. I'm speaking from experience. Experian, TransUnion and Equifax listed this account on my reports as a "finance account" similar to furniture store credit....it's not classified as an auto loan.

The interest is compounded "daily" and calculated based on your balance. I have excellent credit and in 2010 couldn't get them to budge on the interest rate so I ended up agreeing to the 9.2% APR...but I also had a plan in mind too. I AM NOT recommending that anyone do this but I deposited balance transfer checks to my checking account with a 0.0% APR (and no fee) for 18 months and paid off the Eaglemark Savings Bank loan at 9.2%. It was much easier to swallow paying back the balance transfer "loan" at 0.0% than it would have been to pay an outrageous interest rate for 48 months....and I paid off the entire balance on my cards in 18 months too (discipline, discipline, discipline). Again, it's a risk but one I was willing to take so I didn't have interest accruing each and every month.

Wow thats some scary stuff.. Just checked mine and everything looks good. 

I am on a sportster now paying 13.99% Smiley Sad((((  I want to trade it in to get a fat boy, but i am working on negotiating two PFDs over the next couple months. I rather wait than pay that interest rate for the next 5 years... although I am on track to pay it off withing 2.5 years! 

Current FICOs: (10-27-14) EQ- 655 / EX- 659 / TU- 653

Chase Sapphire Preferred $5,000 / CapitalOne Quicksilver $3,000 / Barclaycard Rewards $2,500 / Barclaycard Apple $1,200 / CapitalOne Platinum $750 / Macy's $600 / Chase Freedom $500

In the garden as of 11/04/2014
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.