IwantTHATwrangler

Has anybody gotten a auto loan with collections on their account (over 4 years old) ??

Hi! I am looking to purchase a used Jeep in a few months. I am self-employed and make $1600-1800 a month. My credit score is 614 and hopefully will rise to 620 by October when I hopefully will qualify for a loan.

When I was 18 I was dumb and got evicted from an apartment (2,000 dollar collection) and Opened/ maxed out 2 credit cards: bank of america $1,042 and a collection agency now that I owe $982 for. HOWEVER, I have been paying my student loans on time for the past year and havent touched or been reported on any of the defaulted accounts for 3+ years. MY current debt to income ratio is "good"

SO...My question is, what are my chances of getting a 15,000 dollar car loan with a 620 score and my credit report as is. Would I be better off making payments on the account before I go for the loan OR should I let them be and move on with my life and *hopefully* get approved for the loan in October. Have any of you done more with less?!

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal

Re: Has anybody gotten a auto loan with collections on their account (over 4 years old) ??

IME, the auto finance people at the dealership will find a bank to approve you no matter what your credit is.  Your interest rates will be awful though.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
pizzadude

Re: Has anybody gotten a auto loan with collections on their account (over 4 years old) ??

DaveSignal wrote:

IME, the auto finance people at the dealership will find a bank to approve you no matter what your credit is.  Your interest rates will be awful though.

+1.  A collection is not the end of the world, but it will ultimately come down to your FICO score ( possibly auto enhanced ), how much you can put down, whether you have previous auto loans,etc...

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}