cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone here ever....?

tag
PowerRanger

Has anyone here ever....?

I purchased a car 2 years ago and took a bad apr 22.5% becuse of no history. I owe 9k and the car is worth 7.5k trade in value. My question is has anyone ever gone back to the place where they recieved a bad loan and were able to negotiate a more resonable rate on another loan from them.

To make it short and sweet i was to trade in my current car, roll over the -1.5k into a new loan while lowering my apr to a more reasonable 5-6%. 2 years history, no baddies, all payment on time and 3 revolving account. 705 avg. score.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Robertwd82
New Contributor

Re: Has anyone here ever....?

With a 705 score you should be able to get 1.9 from a credit union..DCU offers it and its super easy.
Message 2 of 4
PowerRanger

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I can get a low apr somewhere else but i'm trying to see if i can circumvent another HP by using the same lender. So i'd like to comtinue my relationship wit them. I just want to know if anyone had sucessfully done this.

Message 3 of 4
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Your current lender is going to do a hard pull for the new loan...no way around that so it is better to take the hard pull from a better lender.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.