PowerRanger

Has anyone here ever....?

I purchased a car 2 years ago and took a bad apr 22.5% becuse of no history. I owe 9k and the car is worth 7.5k trade in value. My question is has anyone ever gone back to the place where they recieved a bad loan and were able to negotiate a more resonable rate on another loan from them.

To make it short and sweet i was to trade in my current car, roll over the -1.5k into a new loan while lowering my apr to a more reasonable 5-6%. 2 years history, no baddies, all payment on time and 3 revolving account. 705 avg. score.

New Contributor
Robertwd82

Re: Has anyone here ever....?

With a 705 score you should be able to get 1.9 from a credit union..DCU offers it and its super easy.
PowerRanger

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I can get a low apr somewhere else but i'm trying to see if i can circumvent another HP by using the same lender. So i'd like to comtinue my relationship wit them. I just want to know if anyone had sucessfully done this.

Valued Contributor
MovingForward_2012

Your current lender is going to do a hard pull for the new loan...no way around that so it is better to take the hard pull from a better lender.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! :smileyhappy: Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+