Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! Buying a car next month

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!! Buying a car next month

So I've read it's best to try and get a loan approval through credit unions since they offer better rates. I'm thinking of local ones in my area but also DCU which everyone has said nothing but good things about. I want to avoid the dealer shopping me around and collecting 50 million inquiries in addition to dragging my FICO scores down. I'd like to get the car the first or second week of August.

How long should I wait to apply for loans before car shopping/ buying?

Can I squeeze in a mini app spree during this time and not get hurt?

Any other credit unions recommended?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help!! Buying a car next month

@Anonymous wrote:
So I've read it's best to try and get a loan approval through credit unions since they offer better rates. I'm thinking of local ones in my area but also DCU which everyone has said nothing but good things about. I want to avoid the dealer shopping me around and collecting 50 million inquiries in addition to dragging my FICO scores down. I'd like to get the car the first or second week of August.

How long should I wait to apply for loans before car shopping/ buying?

Can I squeeze in a mini app spree during this time and not get hurt?

Any other credit unions recommended?

Credit unions are very good for auto loans.  In addtion to DCU, Penfed also has good rates.  In terms of a mini spree, I suggest you get the car before doing so.  The credit cards will always be around so get the most important one first.

Apply whenever you are ready and go car shopping...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.