Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Need Auto Loan now

tag
jen1972
New Visitor

Help! Need Auto Loan now

I had good credit 3.5 years ago when I financed my VW for 2%. Since then I cosigned on my (now ex) husbands car loan - which he defaulted on and the vehicle was repossessed. My car was totaled and now I can't get financed anywhere!!

Any advice?

EQ is 536 per CU loan dept.

Thanksm
Jen

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Help! Need Auto Loan now

First thing is to repair or rebuild your credit score as soon as possible. You may want to visit the rebuilding credit section of fico forums.

Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Help! Need Auto Loan now

@jen1972 wrote:

I had good credit 3.5 years ago when I financed my VW for 2%. Since then I cosigned on my (now ex) husbands car loan - which he defaulted on and the vehicle was repossessed. My car was totaled and now I can't get financed anywhere!!

Any advice?

EQ is 536 per CU loan dept.

Thanksm
Jen

Welcome to the forums !

As suggested you might want to look at the rebulding forum, however the first thing I would check is outstanding balance on the repo.   Unfortunately, you are responsible for the balance as a co~signer, and there is a possibility that they will come after you to collect.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.