Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please. rebuilt title car loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Please. rebuilt title car loan

Hi, I find nice car with rebuilt title its 2010 e63 mercedes amg  23000 milage

Iam from IL state. im trying to find local CU but they said "no" only clear title.

Any1 know which CU or bank can finance me ? 

I got good Co-Signer with 760 fico score.  Needd loan for 30 000

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
EddieK
Established Contributor

Re: Help Please. rebuilt title car loan

Although I can't comment on which CU's will finance a rebuilt title, I do want to advise extreme caution purchasing that vehicle with a rebuilt title.  I'm going to get the same car, albeit a 2011 or 2012, and a warranty on that car is a must(based on owner experiences on mbworld.com)  Parts on a regular MB are high, for AMG models, very high.  I'd pass on one with a rebuilt title, no matter what the reason the title was rebuilt.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 2 of 9
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

The salvage or rebuilt title may be an issue because of insurance. Many insurance companies won't touch those types of titles with collision or comprehensive insurance, they will do liability only.  Some won't touch the at all.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

State Farm cover all colision etc i check it. 

AMG is the best car what im driving that the reason i want this otherwise i buy ML63 2008 but 87k milage...

any ideas ?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I own a 2012 Mercedes. My brother actually had a 2010 E63. $30,000 is extremely cheap for that model/year. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Good luck getting any bank/CU to touch it either. My advice: Run. Run far, far away!

Message 5 of 9
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Never ever purchase an AMG.  Lease a new one and give it back after 3 years.  

Message 6 of 9
EddieK
Established Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

Never ever purchase an AMG.  Lease a new one and give it back after 3 years.  

And the same could be said to never ever lease any vehicle.  

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 7 of 9
sccredit
Valued Contributor

An AMG is a hand built motor that is prone to very expensive repairs.  I have known 4 AMG owners, 2007 SL55AMG, 2009 E63 AMG and 2 2008 S63 AMGs (2 brothers who bought exact matching cars).  Each and every one of them had multi thousand dollar repairs past 60k miles.  

There are some cars you buy and keep, there are others you lease and hand back before you are out of pocket repairing them.

Message 8 of 9
EddieK
Established Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

An AMG is a hand built motor that is prone to very expensive repairs.  I have known 4 AMG owners, 2007 SL55AMG, 2009 E63 AMG and 2 2008 S63 AMGs (2 brothers who bought exact matching cars).  Each and every one of them had multi thousand dollar repairs past 60k miles.  

There are some cars you buy and keep, there are others you lease and hand back before you are out of pocket repairing them.

Leasing is not the only option to avoid costly repairs, which I will agree costs a lot more on an AMG vehicle than a non-AMG model.  As soon as I find the right E63, I will be buying a CPO'd one that automatically comes with a 1 year extension of the manufacturer's warranty, but that can be extended to 2 or 3 years, with unlimited miles.  But I'm leaning towards getting a MB warranty which can be extended up to 5 years.  I say buy one off lease, not getting burdened with the huge depreciation hit, and buy a CPO'd version and extend the warranty with a true MB one.  

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.