cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Went for to get my first car and they ran my credit 6 times??!!

tag
iNathanDrake
Valued Member

Re: Help! Went for to get my first car and they ran my credit 6 times??!!

So I woke up this morning to an email from Credit Karma, and they ran my credit again? Is this allowed? What the hell is going on T_T 

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

It happens.
It may be a lender whose inquiry hadn't posted yet, now appearing. It may be capital one again, pushing the loan through. In any case, it's one more auto lending inquiry. It'll be counted the same as the other ones from a few days ago.
Message 22 of 30
jim44
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It happens.
It may be a lender whose inquiry hadn't posted yet, now appearing. It may be capital one again, pushing the loan through. In any case, it's one more auto lending inquiry. It'll be counted the same as the other ones from a few days ago.

hmw_75 Either you work at/or have worked for a dealer possibly in  F & I  (?) or know someone who has. I've never known a car salesman with as much knowlege as you have. In this thread you've helped this fellow forum member more than anyone at the dealership where he bought his Nissan would have or even could have.  Working for a dealership myself (independent) I've seen a lot of dealership bashing on this forum and rightly so..... I've experienced enough of this myself.  Everything you told the OP is spot on.  The difference is you've taken the time to explain and answer his questions,  it's obvious his dealer did not.  You are an asset to this community!  Well done!!

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks jim44... Close!

I have an extensive legal background in a few large multi-state firms that focus on consumer, credit, and contract law - on both sides of the fence, depending on which particular firm you are talking about.  I've seen tens of thousands of auto deal jackets over the years, whether working on a sequestration/deficiency, a bankruptcy, or a defense of those.  Mortgages, HELOCs, cell phone contracts, leases, commercial leases, divorces, property sales, tax suits, securitizing, insurance, probates - you name it.   My current supervising attorney is board certified in consumer and contracts and actively works on lemon law, DTPA, FDCPA, FCRA, and related stuff in practice and in publishing.  I've seen just about anything and everything over the years...   And information is power, but sometimes people who do not have my experience or knowledge just don't know what to expect or ask to get what they need.  So sharing is the best way to help them out Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 30
iNathanDrake
Valued Member

So it was really annoying, I ended up having to cover 1300 dollars because the loan amount varries by the car. They never sent my income information to cap one and that was the whole issue with why it took so long. I had to call them myself and submit it to them and then sure enough the dealer called me saying everything was good now... useless pieces of crap. I got my contract for the car, and I'm just waiting on getting my license plates. It's been about a week now so it usually takes 1-2 weeks right? By this coming monday the latest I hope. Assuming memorial day doesn't delay it some. I mentioned to them about the breaks and they didn't seem the least bit interested in that situation. After I get my plates and I'm offically 100% done with them I'll contact a different nissan dealership and have them check out my car. Never deal with Elite Nissan of Bergenfield -.- 

Cheers to everyone for helping me out with everything and making this a lot easier on me than if I would have faced it all alone. I greatly appreciate everyone!

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally don't know how long it takes to get the plates again for the new car, I always transferred my trade-ins plates. What happened to your old plates?
Message 26 of 30
iNathanDrake
Valued Member

Ah, this is my first car Smiley Very Happy and the dealer insisted they had to do it even when I insisted i'd rather go do it myself. 

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha. I thought they just gave you a temp tag and you can go get the real one on your own. Could be totally wrong. Maybe they wanted to charge a processing charge, someone else will know better. Glad you have the car and it's working out. Sorry you had to put a bigger dp than expected
Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tag process varies by state.

Here in Texas, for example, you get temp (paper) tags from your dealer that are good for 30 days, and the DMV takes anywhere4 from 3 to 6 weeks to process your registration and issue your new plates (notice how 6 weeks is longer than 30 days?  Gotta love it.)

I wouldn't expect new tags in for a couple of weeks at least.

Message 29 of 30
jim44
Established Contributor

@iNathanDrake wrote:

Ah, this is my first car Smiley Very Happy and the dealer insisted they had to do it even when I insisted i'd rather go do it myself. 

iNathan... again congratulations on your new car and again sorry about the rotten apple (nissan dealership) in the bushel.  I too have learned a lot from your experience with the help of other forum members answering your questions. As this is your first car, I'm guessing you have a temporary tag.  Also too,  every state's DMV requires dealers to process the title and tag work for their customers UNLESS their customers reside in another state.  The normal time for transfer can be between 20 to 30 days which gives the dealer the incentive to avoid a penalty. (they can't pass this fee on to you). Also dealers by law must refund any money if they overcharge you for tag and title fees. Enjoy your new ride.... you've worked hard for it! Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.