Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help and Advice needed about a possible car purchase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help and Advice needed about a possible car purchase

@Anonymous wrote:

Just an update.  I was able to get a BRAND NEW 2015 Honda Civic Coupe LX financed through Honda as of Nov. 29th, 2015.

Here is the deal: 

MSRP:  19,910.00

OTD Price:  17,000

with taxes and fees:  20,056.95 (includes Gap Insurance and Honda Sentinel Warranty)

Down payment:  1,000 + 500 (military Cash Back)

Total Financed:  18,556.95 with 17.84% APR

The best news is that I can refinance in 6-12 months at a lower APR easier with this car then my previous car.  My payments are $14 more a month then what I was paying on the Kia Soul but now it is a fresh start and the best chance to refi.

When I first read your 17000 OTD thought you meant that including tax, lic and doc fees. That's what OTD (out the door) mean. I got my 2015 civic LX at beginning of year. Paid 19400 OTD with gap. Congrats on the purchase.

Message 31 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help and Advice needed about a possible car purchase

oops sorry about that.  I was just so excited about getting a new car financed after all the negative stuff I went through car shopping.

I figured my car deal was pretty good considering my fico scores were so low and not very many car salesmen were straight up about whether they could help me or not.  I am hoping Honda will report my car loan soon.  EX jumped 24 points after my SL started to report correctly. 

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.