Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help major Fico drop

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help major Fico drop

I recently got a auto loan from my credit union and had it set up on auto withdrawl.  The bank accidentally transposed the last 2 numbers and didn't pull enough out for the payment.  After realizing their mistake we got the right amount withdrawn.  However they reprted it as a late which dropped my fico score by 83 points!!  I followed their instructions and disputed it which was successful but my score still hasn't gone back up...What do I do?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help major Fico drop

If the derog has been removed and all other things remain equal, then your score should be recovered instantly upon the correction of the late.

Did you pull myfico report after the correction updated to you CR?  Sometimes it can take time from the point the CU instructs CRA to correct and the time the CRA actually updates the TL in your CR.

Verify that your CR shows all corrected info, then pull FICO from this site.  Your score should be back.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.