Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me with my Dream Car!

tag
exCYter
Valued Member

Re: Help me with my Dream Car!

DO NOT buy a TDI.  They violate federal emissions laws and VW/Audi/Porsche are negotiating with EPA for a fix/settlement.  NOBODY knows what that will entail, the mandated "fix" could seriously diminish your cars performance and since you bought it after this was a known possibility, you may not be liable for compensatory relief.  

Scores as of 5/18/16: EQ 674, TU 653, EX 635
Message 11 of 14
EddieK
Established Contributor

@exCYter wrote:

DO NOT buy a TDI.  They violate federal emissions laws and VW/Audi/Porsche are negotiating with EPA for a fix/settlement.  NOBODY knows what that will entail, the mandated "fix" could seriously diminish your cars performance and since you bought it after this was a known possibility, you may not be liable for compensatory relief.  

There's an issue with VW's diesels?

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 12 of 14
6speed8
Regular Contributor

As a car guy as well as a former service advisor for several makes, VW and Audi included....

1 - VW "cheating" the TDi emmissions really pales in comparison to: A - The amount of pollution from every other diesel engine on the road that is "exempt" from emmisions like diesel pick ups, trucks, heavy machinery, and B - A decade of ignition switches KILLING people is a far greater issue in the big picture. To me anyway.

2 - AS a former VW and Audi service advisor, be prepared to kiss goodbye the reliability and low cost of ownership of the Hyundai and get to know your Audi service advisor on a first name basis Smiley Wink

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's what you need to know about rolling negative equity into another car loan. Almost all finance companies will only finance up to 120% of the new car's value. Rolling 11k into another car could work if the new cars value plus 20% can cover it.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.