Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with auto refi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with auto refi

My LTV is apparently too high for Capital One.  It prompted me before I hit "submit" on the application.  Does anyone know who offers a refi with a higher LTV? We were dumb to take this loan originally anyhow.  It's a 2014 Nissan Rogue Select financed with NMAC at 17.14%. Payment is $618.10. 72 month term and have 57 payments remaining.  Gulp.  Help!  Trying to rebuild credit and dealership talked us into this vehicle 16 months ago.  I refuse to use RoadLoans.  I've been swindled by Santander before.  I've never had any late auto payments.  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with auto refi

You could try DCU. Im not too sure with those scores.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was thinking you had to be a member with DCU and I think they look at direct deposit.  I'm with NFCU and have direct deposit.  Tried refi with them several months ago and LTV was too high.  Thank you for replying tho!

Message 3 of 9
trant3
Established Contributor

Whats the LTV? Theres a few institutions that will go 110% thats about as high as it gets. Also being qualified may also be an issue with scores in high 500s

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 4 of 9
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Its easy to get DCU membership. Anybody can
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trant3 wrote:

Whats the LTV? Theres a few institutions that will go 110% thats about as high as it gets. Also being qualified may also be an issue with scores in high 500s

LTV is over the 110% threshold.  I think it's about 125%

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luscher wrote:
Its easy to get DCU membership. Anybody can

I was just worried they would want direct deposit (I'm a loyal NFCU customer). And i've had about 80 something inquiries in the past year.  Smiley Sad  

Message 7 of 9
bronxbomerss2
Established Member

I work in the lending dept. at my CU and 125% is the MAX we do and under that stipulation I would expect nothing but excellent to near perfect credit. With vehicles being inflated by as much to 10-30% from wholesale blackbook evaluations you figure 125% retail value is actually much more than that! Unfortunately I don't see you getting out of that loan without putting money into the refi to bring you back to 100%. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bronxbomerss2 wrote:

I work in the lending dept. at my CU and 125% is the MAX we do and under that stipulation I would expect nothing but excellent to near perfect credit. With vehicles being inflated by as much to 10-30% from wholesale blackbook evaluations you figure 125% retail value is actually much more than that! Unfortunately I don't see you getting out of that loan without putting money into the refi to bring you back to 100%. 

ahhh...that's what I was afraid of. Thank you for responding!  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.