Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with refinance!

tag
montoya83
Established Member

Help with refinance!

So I bought a 2011 Kia Optima brand new off the lot a few years back and got financed at 10% with my local credit union. My score was a 550 at the time and my payments are really high at 665 per month... Don't ask... I know I am retarded for even thinking this was a good deal. Well now that I am cleaning my credit up my scores are

646 Equifax Beacon 5.0

625 Experian FICO-II

664 TransUnion FICO Classic 04

I tried to refinance through the same credit union that financed me but they told me my rate would be even higher at 12% I have no idea how that makes any sense since I had a lower credit score when I bought the car. Is it possible to refianace my car with these scores at a way lower rate?

Chase SWAirlines 5k | AMEX Hilton Honors 2k | Capital Quick Silver 2k | Capital One 1.5k | Citi Hilton Reserve 7k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Help with refinance!

I would call a different credit union with those scores you should be able to refi at a some what lower lower rate maybe 8 or 9%

Message 2 of 3
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with refinance!

Try DCU. you have to be a member first though i think
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.