Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help?

tag
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Re: Help?

Credit Tracker? That is not a FICO.
Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 11 of 18
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Whoops, my bad. Sorry about that and thanks for the correction. You are right, it's a CK score.

Message 12 of 18
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

2 other questions. What are a handful of places that will give me a decent rate given the information I have given you and which lenders do I need to stay away from? Also do all of these inquiries count as one in a certain period of time or what?

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 13 of 18
Remember0
Valued Contributor

With a 700+ FICO, you're going to get virtually the best rates everywhere. Some other places that I think you'd have success with include Chase, Capital One, and any local CUs/banks near you.

If the INQs are coded right as auto INQs and within 14 or 30 days of the first, yes, they get counted as one for FICO purposes.

But I don't recommend going hogwild. Apply to one finance company (say DCU) and wait for them to get back to you. Then if needed apply to another (eg BofA) and wait for the decision. Only apply to more places if it makes sense. And at your credit score, if you get denied by DCU or whoever your first choice is, you should probably post here for advice before applying for the next one.

Message 14 of 18
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Remember0 wrote:

With a 700+ FICO, you're going to get virtually the best rates everywhere. Some other places that I think you'd have success with include Chase, Capital One, and any local CUs/banks near you.

If the INQs are coded right as auto INQs and within 14 or 30 days of the first, yes, they get counted as one for FICO purposes.

But I don't recommend going hogwild. Apply to one finance company (say DCU) and wait for them to get back to you. Then if needed apply to another (eg BofA) and wait for the decision. Only apply to more places if it makes sense. And at your credit score, if you get denied by DCU or whoever your first choice is, you should probably post here for advice before applying for the next one.

Also one more note. I have about 9 inquiries over the past year because I just starting building (denied several times for thin file). I have 2 secured cards (Cap One and BoA) and two financing cards from GE Capital. Like I said would be paid near to zero or to zero. That being said Capital One, Chase, and Bank of America refused to give me unsecured credit cards. So would the auto loans be the same way in that they may turn me down? Or would they be more lenient on approval since I have had about 9 months (this is my 9 months) of building my history from nothing. Well I guess about 10th or so when I actually apply. But anyways you get the idea. Like I said, no Derogs.

Message 15 of 18
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Auto lending does tend to be easier to be honest. I stand by what I said above. I think the big banks are a decent bet. DCU and BofA would be my first two tries followed by Cap One if they didn't work out.

Message 16 of 18
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Remember0 wrote:

Auto lending does tend to be easier to be honest. I stand by what I said above. I think the big banks are a decent bet. DCU and BofA would be my first two tries followed by Cap One if they didn't work out.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your and everyone else's help!

Message 17 of 18
Remember0
Valued Contributor

No problems! Also at the dealer don't accept a rate greater than 5%. A dealer should definitely get you financed well under 5%.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.