Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda Financing after BK or other BK friendly lenders

tag
ordnance1987
Regular Contributor

Honda Financing after BK or other BK friendly lenders

Hello, I was recently discharged from a Chapter 7 in August. I was wondering if Honda Financial loans to people with bankruptcies? I am currently looking at buying a Civic for 25K with taxes ,tags, and fees. I am currently only making 25k a year working part time and going to school full time. I also have less than a month working at my current job. I was working at my last job for eight years but had to leave because it was interferring with school. I also don't have too many bills, I only have two student loans that are defered while I am in school. I am planning on putting down 1k and trading a car in worth around 1k also. Current scores are low 600s with TU being under 600. What are other lendersI can look into? I am working on rebuilding my credit and am planning on refinancing after 8 months or so maybe a year. I am also wondering how the car buying works I never bought a car at a dealership before. Thanks for the help

Chapter 7 Discharged Aug 2014
Starting Score: EQ 587, TU 567, EX 612
Current Score: EQ 643, TU 627, EX 657
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Honda Financing after BK or other BK friendly lenders

You're going to need at least 60 days of employment history (verifiable pay stubs) before many lenders will consider you.

With that said, Honda can be picky.

I would wait at least 60 days before applying anywhere.

Also, expect a rate north of 10%. I was stuck with 18.99% with Santander right after my bankruptcy discharge.

Have you spoken to a local credit union?
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 4
sccredit
Valued Contributor

A number of lenders will max the loan amount at 75% of your annual income (so $25k*.75=$18.75k).  

Message 3 of 4
ordnance1987
Regular Contributor

@0REDSOX7: Thanks for the info, my employer doesn't give paystubs yet. It is a startup and they pay by direct deposit. The credit union that I am a member of is NFCU, I tried to apply for a bike loan before my BK and was denied. I currently just got a CC through them and I applied for their checking line of credit and was denied.

@sccredit: Thanks for the info guess I will have to look for something cheaper
Chapter 7 Discharged Aug 2014
Starting Score: EQ 587, TU 567, EX 612
Current Score: EQ 643, TU 627, EX 657
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.