Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda Financing made me mad!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Honda Financing F'd Me!

@Anonymous wrote:
FICO allows you to rate shop, which is why you will see people saying that you may apply for credit at several different places for auto financing within a 2 week period. All of the inquries will actually show on your credit report, but will only count as one.

Are you telling me that I can go apply for credit as much as I want, without hurting my score? I didn't know this, I'm going to rate shop then for 2 weeks of course... Thanks again!
Message 11 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

The dealership offered me 4.64 and knocked it down to 3.9 this morning. You may have much better luck with the dealer.... They want to meet their quota's and it's the end of the month you could probably get a better rate depending on what model you are getting. They aren't offering any special apr's on the accords.
Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cvetan that works for auto and mortgage loans but not credit cards, those count each and every inquiry
Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bran9192, what kind of FICO scores do you have?  I want to lease a Honda Pilot this summer.  I currently have a Honda Pilot lease that is due to expire but my credit scores have decreased signficantly in the past 3 years.
Message 14 of 38
Mslewis1999
Established Member

I was originally approved through my credit union for 9.5%.  I went to Honda yesterday and they convnced me to go through Honda and so I did.  I was approved for 7.2% with no money down and a score of 657.
Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

MsLewis

Go back and look at your paperwork and make sure the dealer signed your contract. After I got home and the dealer was closed I was going over all my paperwork and found that the dealer didn't sign my contract. I have been up all night worrying about this. I'll be at the dealership before they open in the morning & already sent an email to them. Does anyone know if North Carolina has a "cooling off period" and what it may be? The differece in 3.9 & 4.64 is $365 over the duration of my loan but its the principal of the matter that tics me off. The finance manager was slick to, I watched him sign everything and then he separated all the paperwork then shuffled it all together folded and put it in an envelope. I don't know who I'm more upset with the finance manger or myself! If it wouldn't put a hurting on my savings account I would write a check for the balance just so the dealer wouldn't make a dime on the financing!

Jamaraz
as of April 26, 08  equifax score was 775 TU 783 won't know current until they update with this loan.

Message Edited by Bran9192 on 04-28-2008 12:15 AM
Message 16 of 38
Mslewis1999
Established Member

All my paperwork is signed and I paid attention to make sure.  This is my seventh car.
Message 17 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I had paid attention also. I did watch him sign a "contract" however it wasn't my contract and when he shuffled it all up I didn't see him switch the contracts out.... This is my 6th vehicle, that's why I'm so upset. I have never missed anything on an auto contract or any finance contract for that matter. I just feel so violated and taken advantage of.... I'm headed back to the dealership in just a few minutes. It's great they didn't pull a wool over your eyes as they have mine and congrats on your new car!
Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

No cooling off period in NC that i know of..And if you bought it in the Raleigh Durham Area, there still taking a huge kickback by going through honda finance
Message 19 of 38
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I REALLY hate these types of auto dealers!!!!!  Our local Honda dealer tries the *hard-sell* tactic.  I walked out and will not walk back in those doors, EVER.  The called and called and called me, put their manager of the phone..yadda yadda yadda.

When Honda calls you for a *dealer survey* make SURE you bash the heck out of this guy!  Also, write a letter to Honda Corporate and let your dissatisfaction be known!  If this deal doesn't work out to your satisfaction, don't take it!!!!

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.