Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda financial lease

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honda financial lease

Hello all. Here's the back story on my question.
My wife leased a new Honda with her dad as the consigner before we got married. Fast forward to today and it is time to give back or buy. We have decided to buy it. We will be putting me and her on the buyout loan.
Does any one have any experience in this? It's due in about 10 days. My biggest fear is being denied and stuck giving the vehicle back.
Are scores are lower but being built. We just go to a mortgage in June. The vehicle has been on auto pay since day 1 with a perfect payment history. Buyout is $9,200.
Any tips and suggestions (or reassurance) would be great!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Re: Honda financial lease

Who do you have, or want to have accounts with?

What are your current real FICO scores(not credit karma or other vantage point "entertainment" scores)?

Other loans, cards, accounts, etc? You've not given us anything to go on...
2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

She only has the mortgage on her credit and the Honda history and I have 2 credit cards and the mortgage on mine. I'd say they are between 620-640ish.
Like I said, the Honda loan will only be $9300.
Message 3 of 4
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all. Here's the back story on my question.
My wife leased a new Honda with her dad as the consigner before we got married. Fast forward to today and it is time to give back or buy. We have decided to buy it. We will be putting me and her on the buyout loan.
Does any one have any experience in this? It's due in about 10 days. My biggest fear is being denied and stuck giving the vehicle back.
Are scores are lower but being built. We just go to a mortgage in June. The vehicle has been on auto pay since day 1 with a perfect payment history. Buyout is $9,200.
Any tips and suggestions (or reassurance) would be great!

You'll be approved by someone, but it probably won't be Honda Financial. Why are both of your scores so low if she's got a perfect payment history and you both have a mortgage? If you really want to know where you stand, pony up the $1 trial for Credit Check Total and get your real FICO scores. Just make sure you cancel it when you're done. 

DCU would probably love to have a loan on a reliable 3-4 year old Honda. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.