cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda financing?

tag
ModernSteel

Honda financing?

When i was younger i was approved for a loan through Honda financing(2.9% on 23k). The loan was paid as agreed. Now i have less than perfect credit, would my previous record with the company play a favorable decision in approving me for a 25k loan with a 10k down payment?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Honda financing?

@ModernSteel wrote:

When i was younger i was approved for a loan through Honda financing(2.9% on 23k). The loan was paid as agreed. Now i have less than perfect credit, would my previous record with the company play a favorable decision in approving me for a 25k loan with a 10k down payment?

Yes you're previous relationship will help. How much? ..not so sure. And then again they may look at any previous car loan as favorable. Because they will go with an auto enhanced fico. Also, they don't care about down payment as directly favorable. But it will help you're DTI calculations of course, so that helps. When I applied, I offered a 10% down payment, but they said it wont be necessary and wouldn't help the approval process much. 

Message 2 of 9
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@SamsungHDTV wrote:

@ModernSteel wrote:

Yes you're previous relationship will help. How much? ..not so sure. And then again they may look at any previous car loan as favorable. Because they will go with an auto enhanced fico. Also, they don't care about down payment as directly favorable. But it will help you're DTI calculations of course, so that helps. When I applied, I offered a 10% down payment, but they said it wont be necessary and wouldn't help the approval process much. 

That is completely inaccurate. The down payment directly influences the risk to the bank. It makes the collateral worth more than the amount of the loan. A down payment that large can give you plenty of negotiating power. You can demand to be bumped up a risk tier as part of the deal.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 9
ModernSteel

Sounds like a good idea. I'm currently at the dealer ship. Lets hope we strike a good deal. 500 below invoice on the Honda sport with all season floor mat , splash guard , trunk try for 22,400 before ttl , good ?
Message 4 of 9
ModernSteel

update: Thank you everyone for contributing. I just got approve for .9% financing from american honda , today i'm a proud owner of a new 2013 honda accord! yay! *happy dance

Message 5 of 9
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Message 6 of 9
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@ModernSteel wrote:

update: Thank you everyone for contributing. I just got approve for .9% financing from american honda , today i'm a proud owner of a new 2013 honda accord! yay! *happy dance

Nice! They gave you the promo financing deal for top tier credit! Sweet.

Did you put down the large down payment?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 7 of 9
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@ModernSteel wrote:

Awesome - congrats!

Message 8 of 9
ModernSteel

Thank you ! Yes, I did. That piece of info gave me more confidence. Smiley Happy The only issue now is my paranoia of dings and dents :-/
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.