Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda or BMW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honda or BMW

I have a 2007 BMW 530xi with 120K miles and $4500 left. However, it’s time to part ways (AC blower is broke and pulley need to be replaced and I think the transmission is slipping). The Honda dealership offered me 2500. 😒😔

Honda’s are usually $18K (usually less than 40K miles) and a used BMW $25-$28(usually around 50-60K miles).

My FICO is 730

I plan on putting down 5K 

Should I go with a 2015 Honda Accord Sport or 2015 BMW X3?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Honda or BMW

IMHO I would find it hard to go from a BMW to a Honda.  Just get the one you really want.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Neither get a Volvo used Volvos that are 2-3 years old are very affordable and classier than a honda IMO. 

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

A smart financial decision IMO would be the Honda. More reliable and cheaper to maintain. BUT if you can afford the BMW and the expensive maintenance, go for it.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally prefer BMW. I’ve had an X5 and now have a 428i. I buy Cert Pre-Owned and typically get .99% - 2.99% (currently .98%) financing thru BMW Financial with zero down. But go with whatever works for you.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had BMW’s in my life. I have Honda’s in my life. Smart money says Honda.

I currently own a Toyota Highlander and Lexus LS460. My money is on Toyota/Lexus!
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have had BMW’s in my life. I have Honda’s in my life. Smart money says Honda.

I currently own a Toyota Highlander and Lexus LS460. My money is on Toyota/Lexus!

Also great cars to maintain and really nice as well!!

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the suggestions!

I'm going to be fiancially smart and go with the Honda. The maintience and the car payment & insurance in my budget. 

My next year goal which is to pay off or down my 65K student loan so the Honda is definitely a smarter choice.  

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you all for the suggestions!

I'm going to be fiancially smart and go with the Honda. The maintience and the car payment & insurance in my budget. 

My next year goal which is to pay off or down my 65K student loan so the Honda is definitely a smarter choice.  

Great choice!!

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great choice made on a depreciating asset.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.