cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda pulls Equifax, my lowest score. Ugh. They also use Fico 9, a score we don't have access to.

tag
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Honda pulls Equifax, my lowest score. Ugh. They also use Fico 9, a score we don't have access to.

I called the finance department for my local Honda dealership and he said that Honda finance pulls Equifax, which happens to be my lowest score. He did say they work with other lenders who pull Transunion and Experian. He said that given what I told him, I have a very good chance of getting financed. He also said he uses Fico 9 AND it's auto enhanced. I'm frustrated because I spent $50 this week buying my scores, so that I had access to my auto enhanced score through myfico. We're given two scores, but both are drastically different for me and apparently out of date. Anyone know what their Fico 9 is compared to their auto enhanced 4 and 8?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
speedcredit4

Re: Honda pulls Equifax, my lowest score. Ugh. They also use Fico 9, a score we don't have access to

Great info here.  It's funny because Honda pulled Experian for me which happens to be my lowest score.  I wish they had pulled Eq or TU.  Needless to say I was denied.  I'm thinking about seeing if Honda will accept one of the others when I go back to the dealership.

First Niagara MC $500| Cap1 QS1 $1,000| Cap1 QS MC $1750|
Merrick Bank $1,250| Express $1,450| Victoria Secret $2,150|
J Crew $4,850| Walmart $4,000| Discover It $3,500| Chase Freedom $1,500| Citi Simplicity $900|
Cap1 Venture $10,000| Cap1 QS Visa $3,000
Ficos: Tu-688 / Eq-688 / Ex-642
Message 2 of 7
Ups77
Regular Contributor

Re: Honda pulls Equifax, my lowest score. Ugh. They also use Fico 9, a score we don't have access to

In NY I know they pull expeian. We bought a crv last year and the finance manager said at that dealership they only pull ex. 

Message 3 of 7
speedcredit4

Well thanks Ups77 I guess I can give up on trying to somehow get that grad bonus.  It's pretty lame that I'm not going to get it.  I think they could show a little leeway.

Edit:  You mean at your particular dealership and not Honda for Northeast?

First Niagara MC $500| Cap1 QS1 $1,000| Cap1 QS MC $1750|
Merrick Bank $1,250| Express $1,450| Victoria Secret $2,150|
J Crew $4,850| Walmart $4,000| Discover It $3,500| Chase Freedom $1,500| Citi Simplicity $900|
Cap1 Venture $10,000| Cap1 QS Visa $3,000
Ficos: Tu-688 / Eq-688 / Ex-642
Message 4 of 7
ah32
Frequent Contributor

I forgot to mention I'm in Texas. 

Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Honda pulled EX for me when I applied at Acura, Dealership did also (CA)

Message 6 of 7
ah32
Frequent Contributor

I stopped into Toyota and they said they pull Transunion, but of course have other lenders they work with. I guess I'll be looking at buying a Toyota!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.