Established Member
Razor_Poke

Honda recent grad program

The wife and I will be buying a new Pilot hopefully in next couple of months.  Noticed that Honda is offering .9% financing to "well qualified" buyers OR to recent college grads with certain proof of job, income, diploma, etc.  My wife got an Associates degree last year but  I'm the main income source for the family.  Her scores are also up in the 720 range which might get her into Tier 1 with Honda.  I really can't figure out why my scores are always about 25-30 points lower -- we have the exact same information on our CR's -- we've done all credit jointly for 20 + years.

Anyway, with me being the main source of income but her being the recent grad, can they structure the deal around her, but include my income?

Valued Contributor
Dustink

Re: Honda recent grad program

I think the dealer can work something out. Negotiate a good price on the car, 20% off MSRP would be a good target but don't settle for less than 15% off. Then work the 0.9% into the deal.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}