carmenah

Hope for those with Terrible Credit, Open Tax Liens - APPROVED!

So, I have been reading these forums for quite some time and I have used several tips from those smarter than I - particularly:

• Lower utilization to 10% or less
  • On time payments
  • Paying before statement date
  • Right/wrong way to dispute errors

These tips, along with others have helped me get an auto loan approval from Capital One - online via Blank Check - before I went to the dealership.

Because of open tax liens - yes, more than one, more than 5 years old - all being paid/included in divorce, etc. Bankruptcy in 2005 - 8 years old.

Since 2009, I have made 100% on-time payments, have paid all charge offs (all are old from 2008/9) and managed my utilitization well.  My income is more than 80K.  My DTI is around 20%. One lien, that I thought was handled was  just put on my report in February 2013 - so that is really impacting my score.  My scores did take a dip and are all down between 630-600 depending on which bureau, all from myFICO.

I was approved online for up to 30K. Interest rate is disgusting, but I have been saving and my State Farm agent has already said I can refi after 6 months of on-time payment.  

I just wanted to offer some "hope" for those in a terrible situation if they NEED a car and can afford it. I know that if I keep up my good payments and as the liens and fall off (IRS will remove the liens after I make a certain amount of payments) and I know my scores will rise. It's my mission to stay on track and I will.  I will post under the approvals thread as well.

Regular Contributor
ReaLiLJ

Re: Hope for those with Terrible Credit, Open Tax Liens - APPROVED!

[ Edited ]

carmenah wrote:

So, I have been reading these forums for quite some time and I have used several tips from those smarter than I - particularly:

• Lower utilization to 10% or less
  • On time payments
  • Paying before statement date
  • Right/wrong way to dispute errors

These tips, along with others have helped me get an auto loan approval from Capital One - online via Blank Check - before I went to the dealership.

Because of open tax liens - yes, more than one, more than 5 years old - all being paid/included in divorce, etc. Bankruptcy in 2005 - 8 years old.

Since 2009, I have made 100% on-time payments, have paid all charge offs (all are old from 2008/9) and managed my utilitization well.  My income is more than 80K.  My DTI is around 20%. One lien, that I thought was handled was  just put on my report in February 2013 - so that is really impacting my score.  My scores did take a dip and are all down between 630-600 depending on which bureau, all from myFICO.

I was approved online for up to 30K. Interest rate is disgusting, but I have been saving and my State Farm agent has already said I can refi after 6 months of on-time payment.  

I just wanted to offer some "hope" for those in a terrible situation if they NEED a car and can afford it. I know that if I keep up my good payments and as the liens and fall off (IRS will remove the liens after I make a certain amount of payments) and I know my scores will rise. It's my mission to stay on track and I will.  I will post under the approvals thread as well.

+1

I know others will +1 this as well, as it is great encouragement to others, especially my mom, who will currently be going through what your going through! A little less vulgar, but right in the same ball park! Here's the quicklink to save you sometime btw: ( http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/Auto-Loan-Approvals/td-p/252350 )

20 Years & 1 Month Young; Total Income: $53k (Credit History): 1.9 years AAOA: 1.0 years
Fico Scores: Exp: 725 (12/4) EQ: 703 (11/13) TU: 736 (12/6) Total Credit Available: 89k
Wallet: AmEx Plat- NPSL | AmEx BCP $10.5K | BestBuy SC $10k | Duck Card $8k | BoFA CR Plat Plus Sig. $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase Freedom Sig. $7k | CSP Sig. $5k | USBank Cash+ Sig. $5k | Barclays R MC $5k | Chevron Visa $5k | BR Visa $5k | Walmart Discover $4k | DCU Plat Visa $3k | QuickSilver CR $3k | Macy's Store CC/Macy's Amex $2.5k/$3k | BML $1.2k | Citi Divi Plat Visa $500
Open Loans: Sallie Mae SL: ($5.6k) (Def.) Car Loan (Red Devil FR-S): $20k/33k Remaining -Will Pay Off in 2yrs. Advice Welcomed!
Established Member
PBAJ

Re: Hope for those with Terrible Credit, Open Tax Liens - APPROVED!

Congrats! Imagine its hard to get back on track from all of that!

Starting Score: 574
Current Score: EX 656 TU 679 Vantage 706
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+