Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Avoid This In The Future.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Do I Avoid This In The Future.

I purchased a car last year from Carmax i called to see if i could be pre approved only the find out a year after that 15 banks pulled my credit reports. How do i go about getting financed in the future without all the hard pulls from different banks.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 09-30-2008 05:48 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: How Do I Avoid This In The Future.

mjbfan79 wrote:
I purchased a car last year from Carmax i called to see if i could be pre approved only the find out a year after that 15 banks pulled my credit reports. How do i go about getting financed in the future without all the hard pulls from different banks.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 09-30-2008 05:48 PM

Only way to do that is to apply for financing first. throught your bank or credit union, Capital One. Whenapproved just go 7 select the car you want, then everything will be taken care of.
Message 2 of 4
v8eaterWRX
Contributor

iirc they all count as 1 pull in a 15 day period for car loans. this allows you to shop for the lowest rate.

someone chime in if i am wrong.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope you are right........

It doesn't matter how many times they pull in a minimum of 14 days or 30 depending on the program.....

The biggest thing to mention is the inquiries only ding for 12 months so whatever was pulled ONE year ago to Date doesn't get factored into your score.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.