cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get a lease on a car if my credit report has not updated...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

How can I get a lease on a car if my credit report has not updated...

I will be making large payments on a few credit cards which in turn, according to the simulators here, will make my score jump 80 points.

If I don't want to wait for my credit reports to update, how can I get a lease on a car ?

Suggestions ?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I get a lease on a car if my credit report has not updated...

without knowing your scores it's hard to answer. For example, if it's currently 700, then the 80 point jump doesn't really matter for most lenders. Most of the car mfgrs will give top tier rates to anything over 675. If you're sitting at 600, then that 80 point jump will save you money. 

and there's nothing to do to make your companies report sooner (as far as I know), you need to wait for the billiing cycle. That is unless you PIF and closed the account immediately. 

Message 2 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

What is your current score?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 6
Andy77
Valued Contributor

My current score is 630 so a 75-80 increase will help me, but what if I don't want to wait the month it will take for me CR to update ?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andy77 wrote:

My current score is 630 so a 75-80 increase will help me, but what if I don't want to wait the month it will take for me CR to update ?

With your current score, wait for the CR to update before leasing...

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andy77 wrote:

Simple if you don't want to wait you will be paying more

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.