cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does retirement affect auto loan approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does retirement affect auto loan approval?

I  retired in June after a 31 yr career as a civilian with the federal govt.  I've been working on getting my credit cleaned up and myfico scorewatch currently shows EQ 715.   I have some 30 day slow pays,  the latest one will be 2 yrs old in Nov.  I was just wondering how retirement affects being approved for an auto loan.  At this point I am still in interim retirement status (meaning I am only drawing 80% of my monthly annuity until they finish completing all the retirement paperwork..could take as long as 6 months to finalize) and really have no idea how I would furnish proof of income since I'm not getting "pay stubs" right now.  My last auto loan was with CaptialOne and it paid off in April 2011, never late on my auto loans.   I am interested in trading for a Camry   and am hoping my retirement is wrapped up by the time Toyotathon rolls around in a month or so.  Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this?  Appreciate any input.....I'm amazed at all of the knowledge to be gained here.  Thanks! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jnkp2001
Regular Contributor

Re: How does retirement affect auto loan approval?

shouldn't affect you at all.  i got approved with mine, I'm retired. with lower scores then you.Smiley Happy

FICO EQ: 633 8/15/12
lender pulled 11/3/12 EQ 661 TU 650 EX598
credit Karma 674 credit sesame: 663
B/K discharged 2/2006......closed 8/2012

May your limits be high and your balances low!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How does retirement affect auto loan approval?

Thats good to hear! Thanks for the reply!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.