Contributor
pat0812

How long before applying for auto loan ?

i'm new to credit (5 months history)

my history is short but perfect, always PIF and UTI under 9%

How long do i need to have credit history to be able to get good APR ? like under 5% from a CU ?

Will 1 year be enough ? i Have right now 3 CC on my report

Starting Score: EQ 683 TU 714
Current Score: EQ 683 TU 714
Goal Score: EQ 740 TU 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Wisdomby3

Re: How long before applying for auto loan ?

First it is good that you have 3 CC currently..  But you need to show stability.  Lenders use 2yrs as a foundation.  2yrs on the job, 2yrs residence and 2yrs credit history.  Next you need a good mix of account types.  Auto loan, student loan, mortgage loan...  Time is your friend, no apps, no inquires when you are seeking your scores to go up..  This is  great site to learn alot..  But paying on time for a long period of time 3-4yrs is key...  Keep go cash reserves 6-12mths...  Start working with a mortgage broker/consultant to get better advice... Good luck... 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}