cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should I wait to refinance my auto loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long should I wait to refinance my auto loan?

I bought my first car in February 2008 and I was so excited that I didn't read the terms of the loan. It was for 6 years at 19.75%. I do not wish to spend 6 years paying a $12,XXX loan, so I have been sending an extra $50 with my payment. Should I look now or wait until I have had my car for a year.

08/18/08 EQ 625 TU 631 EX 606
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
emoticon
Valued Member

Re: How long should I wait to refinance my auto loan?

Try to refinance right away.  You pay the most interest at the beginning of the loan.  Every day you wait costs you money.
*US Bank Signature Visa $25,000; *Chase Flexible Rewards Visa Signature $20,000; *BOA Accelerated Rewards AMEX $17,500; *Citi Platinum Select MC $13,000; *Discover More $12,000; *PenFed Visa Gold $10,000; *Home Depot $2,200
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice! I went in to my local cu to open an account and apply for refinancing and was approved for a 48 mo loan @ 5.69%.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is A LOT better.

Chmarie wrote:
Thanks for the advice! I went in to my local cu to open an account and apply for refinancing and was approved for a 48 mo loan @ 5.69%.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.