cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should i wait! I want a new car now!! :)

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How long should i wait! I want a new car now!! :)

@Learning_Tee0225 wrote:

Creditaddict - thank you for your response

the two cards i have carry small balances under 100$ each  57$ on the 500$and 49$ on the other... my 500$ CL is a secured Visa though Navy Federal  i didnt apply for a regualar card because my credit was no where near ready for that would of most definately a DENIAL at the time i got the secured card. later on i was apporved for an orchard bank mastercard..(300$cl)

I do play the statement game paying it down prior to them being reported but its rare they go over 100$- The monies there for monthly payments of 420$  i just dont have the credit to support me.

What are the reasons you were not able to refinance in 6 months? if given any. 

Income verification with Navy, and over all debt with others

Message 11 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Learning_Tee0225 wrote:

Creditaddict - thank you for your response

the two cards i have carry small balances under 100$ each  57$ on the 500$and 49$ on the other... my 500$ CL is a secured Visa though Navy Federal  i didnt apply for a regualar card because my credit was no where near ready for that would of most definately a DENIAL at the time i got the secured card. later on i was apporved for an orchard bank mastercard..(300$cl)

I do play the statement game paying it down prior to them being reported but its rare they go over 100$- The monies there for monthly payments of 420$  i just dont have the credit to support me.

What are the reasons you were not able to refinance in 6 months? if given any. 

Income verification with Navy, and over all debt with others

When i refinanced with Navy FCU, I was told that I was approved for their 14.9% rate this was before the verified income etc. ... I wasnt too thrilled, and I told the CSR that I wasn't going to do the deal if it wasn't going to save me at least 3%, the truck was financed at 7.5%

Anyways, I sent in my w-2, also copies of my check stubs, I had just gotten a 16k bonus from work, so I sent that check stub in as well. I printed off copies of my savings, checking, Roth IRA, and 401k accounts... There is quite a bit of money there in those accounts, I"m only 30 but I've got 75k stashed for retirement already. I started working when I was 25, and I started saving for retirement at age 27, and I wanted them to consider my complete financial picture...

I called back the next day and they said that since I had sent in more than they asked for it would take a few days longer to review my information

I got a call from them two days later and I got a 4% rate...  Super happy.... I couldn't have been more pleased at the fact that they looked beyond my credit score to give me a good rate on the refi of my 5 yr old vehicle.

After all of that I was pre-approved for a cashRewards Visa.  I applied for it and they gave me a 22k limit... I was so surprised.

My experience with NFCU has been very positive.. and I'll continue to work with them on vehicle finance, and for CC products.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 14
Learning_Tee0225
Regular Contributor

webhopper

this is the very reason i joined navy federal ive heard a lot of positive things regarding them. im hoping that in the future i have the same experience with them as you and so many others have!

Credit recovery journey -Jan 2022
1/2022: TU: 557 EX: 521 EQ: 567
6/2022: TU: 630 EX: 633 EQ:640
Current Cards
Open Sky Secured: $300
Discover IT: $2000
Merrick Bank: 2K
Mission Lane: $800
Forever 21: $600
Apple Card $1500, NFCU Go Rewards $6700, Amazon $600, Kohls $750
Message 13 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Learning_Tee0225 wrote:

webhopper

this is the very reason i joined navy federal ive heard a lot of positive things regarding them. im hoping that in the future i have the same experience with them as you and so many others have!

My fiance is going to app for the NFCU platinum... I'll keep you posted on how that goes... His Fico score is 682 at the moment.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.