cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much will HPs affect auto loan rate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much will HPs affect auto loan rate?

My last FICO pull was EX at 747. However I have high utilization that I am currently paying down. I will need a used car loan in May 2016. I want to apply for 0% BT cards at some point this year.

The plan right now is to do it in April so the HPs are not factored into my score when I need the auto loan, but I'm starting to think I'm being too cautious and a handful of HPs won't affect my auto loan rate all that much (especially since my score should be higher, barring any AA, due to lower utilization).

Basically my question is will 3-5 HPs a few months away from an auto loan jeopardize getting the best rate? (If it matters, I will probably be financing with Honda Finance, and I have a lease with them right now, so there's an existing relationship.)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
EddieK
Established Contributor

Re: How much will HPs affect auto loan rate?

Nope, you should have zero problems.  The last car I financed(Acura) was through HFS and 3-5 inquiries won't affect your interest rate with the scores you have.  

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 2 of 3
guydiver
Established Contributor

Re: How much will HPs affect auto loan rate?

You would be Tier 1 with Honda for sure.  If your utilization drops, your scores will go up even more. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.