cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much will a maxed out credit card affect my auto loan approval?

tag
Mario4
New Contributor

How much will a maxed out credit card affect my auto loan approval?

I recent paid off all my credit card balances down to 1.2% utization. My last credit card will be updated on the bureaus approximately on the 27th of the month which is a Tuesday.

Im off work on Sundays and Mondays which sucks, because I dont want to call off work just to go to the dealership and it doesnt work out for some reason. 

if i went to the dealership prior to the 27th.. one credit card would reflect $18 over the limit.  ( I paid it off in full.. but takes forever to get to the bureaus)

The card is only a $700 limit. 

When i use simulator, it says my score will be 725 if I pay off 2.6k..bringing my utilization to 1%

So i tried my best to simulate what it would look like if that $718/700 card wasnt paid off.. So if i simulate that  I pay off 1.9k my score still says it will be 725...

(my utilzation would be at  26% at that point)

*****BUT I KNOW SIMULATOR ISNT CALCULATING THAT THAT ONE OF THE CARD WILL BE OVER THE LIMIT**** Just overall utilization

Im going to be going to the BMW dealership to finance with $0 down.. so I dont want to get denied or charged a ridiculous APR.

I could take proof of balance from that bank to show the balance has been paid off.. but Idk.

What do you guys think my chances are? I originally thought of going through my credit union.. but from the day i apply.. it takes 24-48 hrs for an approval/denial... 

HELP PLEASE!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How much will a maxed out credit card affect my auto loan approval?

since we are talking about just $700 I wouldn't worry about it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.