cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How reliable is Capital One Auto Navigator Pre Qual?

tag
Yoshi2015
Contributor

How reliable is Capital One Auto Navigator Pre Qual?

I completed the auto navigator and it said I was approved for up to 40k? It also gave a range apr of 3-9%. Is this a solid approval? I don't want to waste 3 pulls at dealership if its not.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How reliable is Capital One Auto Navigator Pre Qual?

It is generally accurate.

If you know what kind of car you really want, use the Capital One site to pull it up and see what the actual rate is on that exact vehicle.  You can even enter VIN numbers in the search box on the Capital One website to see the exact car, assuming it is listed by one of their system dealers.  You can also search by model and area and see what's out there, with precise figures on each vehicle.  Capital One is variable - that is to say, the rate they set for any given vehicle depends on several factors, including total sale price including tt&l, trade-in, and down payment if any; they also will vary from unit to unit in the same model depending on the dealer offering it, the mileage on it, etc.

Message 2 of 4
Its_Me
Regular Contributor

I was preapproved this past month and used the navigator to put in the VIN number and all other details (trade-in, down-payment, term) and was approved for $40,00 with 2.49% to 4.88%. I was quoted 2.98% on the auto I wanted (term was 72 months) and that is exactly what came back at the dealership. I say it is pretty reliable.

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

That's good to see that a pre qual can be counted on like that. Usually you can only take any pre qual with a grain a salt. Good data as I'll be looking for a new vehicle soon.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.