Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I go about doing this????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How should I go about doing this????

Hey FICO FAM...Called my credit union to find out about auto financing on a vehicle...CU states they have a interest rate drop on the first of the month to 2.9 on new 2010 and 2011 vehicles.  Yet I know that at the end of the month car dealerships are more prone to giving better deals. Could I go at the end of the month and work the deal and then get financed the following morning or is their a grace period? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How should I go about doing this????

From what I know, if the dealership secures you financing, you have 7 days to secure your own financing in replace of it.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The deals are on 2010s right now and good through October 4th with most Makes.

Message 3 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The deals are on 2010s right now and good through October 4th with most Makes.

really?  how do you know this?  is it like this every year?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been shopping the past month and I bought last week.

They do end of model year promotions in the fall every year but the terms and dates will always change. 

For example, they did the last round through September 8, which covered Labor Day Weekend. Then they renew or come out with new ones and those deals go thru October 4th.

You can visit every Make's site and click on "Specials" or "Deals", or an easier way where they are in one place, is I used the Costco Auto Program (costcoauto.com), click on New Vehicle Research, enter your zip and then select Incentives and Rebates and it shows them by Make when you click on the Make you are interested in.

Message 5 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

thank you!  that's very helpful information!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.