Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to be Vehicle Smart? Keep or Trade In

tag
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: How to be Vehicle Smart? Keep or Trade In

Also keep in mind that used 4x4's are not a big selling point nowadays. That will also give them an option to lowball. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 11 of 12
raine22
Regular Contributor

Re: How to be Vehicle Smart? Keep or Trade In

@JM-AM wrote:

Also keep in mind that used 4x4's are not a big selling point nowadays. That will also give them an option to lowball. 

This is very true.  We traded in a Dodge Ram when we bought the Jeep back when the gas prices were hitting over $3/gal and we took a hard hit on it as well as the high interest rate on the loan.   I figure my best chances are to stick to the selling price only and make sure it's where I feel comfortable.  I've looked up the "new" vehicle invoice sticker price to the dealer so that I know what they paid and once I have that negotiated then I can focus on what they are giving me as a trade in value so they can't play the bottom numbers game with me.  I also will bring the numbers home before making a decision on any final purchase.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.