Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to go about buying a new car.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to go about buying a new car.....

Hello, my name is Carla.  When I was 18 (2002), I bought a new truck.  As a result of that, I got all kinds of credit cards offers, and I got all kinds of credit cards!  So, needless to say I ruined my credit years ago, but I've been working on fixing it since 2007.  I have a Belk card with $1000 limit, a Cato card where I am an authorized user with my exhusband with $150 limit, a secured Capital One mastercard with $200 limit and I just opened a Victoria's Secret card with $350 limit last night.  They are ALL payed off.  I have gotten SEVERAL loans through World Finance over the past two years and payed them all off.  My credit score just won't get to where I want it to be.  My truck is 10 years old now and I want a new car!  I NEED a new car I should say.  I've raised a newborn in it, and we've outgrown it.  I have CreditInform provided by Capital One that sends me a monthly statement letting me know where my credit is.  It's only an analysis, but it's disheartening.  It says my score went from 672 to 656 in one month and I didn't purchase anything!  The last time I took out a loan World Finance said my score was like 705, but I can't remember which score they were looking at.  What can I do to continue to clean up my score?  How do I go about getting a new car?  Thanks so much for your help!

Struggling Single Mom

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to go about buying a new car.....

I'd at least start by finding out your two FICO scores. The scores from Credit Inform are not FICO scores and lenders don't use them. I'd also pull your free reports from annualcreditreport.com. Those will help you if there is any repair needed.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to go about buying a new car.....

@llecs wrote:

I'd at least start by finding out your two FICO scores. The scores from Credit Inform are not FICO scores and lenders don't use them. I'd also pull your free reports from annualcreditreport.com. Those will help you if there is any repair needed.

+1

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.