Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent dealers from pulling credit without freezing reports

tag
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to prevent dealers from pulling credit without freezing reports

They pulled the "we need it for DMV and to verify that you are not a terrorist" spiel. Anyway, I have no plans for any more apps this year. It was on EQ too so don't think it will jeopardize my 3x CLI with Amex in a few months. If I get any more alerts, I will definitely throw a fit. For now, it'll be something that will fall off at about the same time as the pull for DCU. Just got me ticked off for a couple of days.

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 11 of 12
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: How to prevent dealers from pulling credit without freezing reports

Like I said, it's just BS. Show me where in the Patriot Act car dealers are included. And show me where it says CREDIT inquiries are necessary for Know Your Customer laws. Seriously that reason pisses me off...what bad people don't have credit reports?! Also last I looked at mine, there was no "bad person" or "good person" data in the biographical section, heck it didn't even have a prior conviction(s) section. Maybe I'm missing the super secret part of credit reports that only dealers can see lol.

I understand if you don't want to fight it since it's only an inquiry, but if you feel like fighting, look at my post two above yours. Keep in mind, if they take it off, it could trigger a fraud alert which is a small hassle but you can get those taken off by sending ID or just waiting out the 6 months. Does nothing damaging to your credit.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.