cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hypothetical.. Discharged 18 months. Good credit rating. Disability as only source of income.

tag
6speed8
Regular Contributor

Hypothetical.. Discharged 18 months. Good credit rating. Disability as only source of income.

Hypothetical for now. Hopefully reality Fall 2016. Yes, cart WAY before the horse but I'm a cart before the horse kinda guy. Smiley Happy

Discharged 6/10/2015. Start saving a sizeable down payment come January with my fiance's assistance. Plan on having $8000 set aside by Fall 2016. I don't lease. I keep my cars. The car I want barring any drastic increase in price between 2015 and 2016 can be had for $25,000 out the door. 2016 Kia Forte5 SX loaded. Love my 3 and 5 door hatchbacks. My only income will be my permanent disability - anual income right now is $25,000 basically tax free as I file a zero return. I claim nothing.  So assuming all this:

- $8000 down payment

- bankruptcy discharged 18 months

- good credit

- disability income

... Opinions on my odds of finaicing through a "good" tier finance company or Kia itself ?

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
1fstgixer
Valued Member

Re: Hypothetical.. Discharged 18 months. Good credit rating. Disability as only source of income.

Join a credit union now and establish banking relationship. Some CU will like the discharge to be 2 years before granting auto loan.

some of the better CU's to join you can find in the forums and with that much of down payment going in, your income should not be an issue. IMO

Message 2 of 4
6speed8
Regular Contributor

Re: Hypothetical.. Discharged 18 months. Good credit rating. Disability as only source of income.

I've been thinking about the credit union route. I just opened a checking account with Chase two months ago after a couple of years of just using the Walmart prepaid card. I had my disability direct deposited to it. I changed that to the Chase account. I'm keeping the Walmart card just to use if I do any online shopping.

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 3 of 4
1fstgixer
Valued Member

every profile is a little different, DW and I are 16 months post discharge, just approved with NFCU at top tier for 2.90 for 72 on late model used, also had joined NASA back in Feb, declined for CC then, but apped for auto loan last week and approved 3.09% for 75 months...

as with everything YMMV.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.