Did you mean: 

I Love Chase Auto Loans

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I Love Chase Auto Loans

@CS800 wrote:

Funny how Chase seems to pull EQ everywhere but in MA its EX

Pulled all three for me, then took a month to come back with a counter-offer on my loan app.

Worse, the EX inquiry isn't coded as an auto-loan from looking at my report.

        
Message 11 of 17
FrugalRican
Blogger

If you are a current customer you have a better chance at the loan and you might get a lower rate as well.

I was inquiring since I am a Chase customer and wanting to do all my homework about them... it seems if you meet certain criteria, you can get a discount on their loans as well. I think if you have just any checking account, you get a .25% discount and if you do autodebit, it's an additional .75% as well. I might be looking to do mine as well. And I think they do finance some private sales as well, even if the interest is a tad higher. They do have some restrictions, like most other banks, where the car needs to be under 75K miles and not more than 4 to 5 years old.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 12 of 17
guydiver
Established Contributor

Congrats.  Hope you enjoy your new ride. 

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jonbuck06 wrote:

Interest Rate: 3.99%

I applied with Chase for a similar note last year, was offered an identical rate. The dealer beat it, but only by 0.5%, because I blurbed out what Chase quoted <facepalm>.

The did pull EX when I applied for a Freedom card later, side note.

Message 14 of 17
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

yea i know i have 2 cards with them as well when i applied for my loan.

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 15 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I have had 4 chase auto loans in my life, love love love them.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 16 of 17
phrza81
Valued Member

they also pull EXP in california
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.