Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can help, I manage a car dealership.

tag
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Re: I Can Help, I Run A Car Dealership.

@webhopper wrote:

Do dealerships get "dinged" by the lenders for non-performing or under-performing loans that they originate?

An example of non-performing would be a repo...   an example of under-performing would be, The guy pays the car off early or pays extra, so the lender doesn't get to make back the amount of profit he anticipated by lending the money.  

I was just wondering because I read through Fannie Mae's buying and selling guide for mortgages, and Fannie Mae definately frowns when people default early on a Fannie Mae backed mortgage as well as a Fannie Mae Underperforming mortgage... In fact, it leads to an investigation of the originator by Fannie Mae. I guess I'm wondering if the same is true for Auto Loans?

Absolutely.  A dealers portfolio with a lender goes a long way when it comes to getting better approvals.   A dealer that has a better track record with a lender may get an approval that another dealer cannot because of a higher default ratio.  Dealerships are also effected by the amount of calls vs. contracts.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 41 of 897
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Absolutely.  A dealers portfolio with a lender goes a long way when it comes to getting better approvals.   A dealer that has a better track record with a lender may get an approval that another dealer cannot because of a higher default ratio.  Dealerships are also effected by the amount of calls vs. contracts.

Interesting!  I hope you don't mind all of these questions... the world of consumer finance is fascinating to me....     What do you mean by the above statement in red? I've never heard this expression before.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 42 of 897
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think by 'calls vs contracts' he means the number of applications the dealer sends to a particular finance company vs. the number of those applications that actually become signed deals.  So if I send 'bank x'  200 applications this month and only three of those people decide to actually use bank x, well then bank x probably isn't going to offer that dealership the same great rates as another dealership who is getting them more signed deals.  One back scratches the other...

Message 43 of 897
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I think by 'calls vs contracts' he means the number of applications the dealer sends to a particular finance company vs. the number of those applications that actually become signed deals.  So if I send 'bank x'  200 applications this month and only three of those people decide to actually use bank x, well then bank x probably isn't going to offer that dealership the same great rates as another dealership who is getting them more signed deals.  One back scratches the other...

Ah ok, I see.   Makes sense... somehow my dealership got me a better deal with a local CU than I could have gotten on my own. I was pleased when they looked into CU financing on my last loan instead of Ford Motor Credit, which they got a faster approval for, but with less attractive terms than what the CU ended up offering.  When they told me what Ford Motor Credit would do (it was a Saturday), I told them I needed to check with my local banks, especially the bank that I have my checking and savings with and see what I could get as far as better terms..  They called me the following Monday with the Credit Union offer, which was a good offer and beat what my bank could offer. 

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 44 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well said.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Message 45 of 897
poops
Contributor

Up N Coming, 

Thanks for being honest with your responses. I'm sure you will help out more than a few people on here...

What does VW Credit consider to be creditworthy? What kind of scores or credit profile is VW looking for in order go take advantage of the best finance and lease terms?

Also, what's the best deal (price, finance and lease rates) one can get on the New .:R (GTI)?

Thanks,

A.

Message 46 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@poops wrote:

Up N Coming, 

Thanks for being honest with your responses. I'm sure you will help out more than a few people on here...

What does VW Credit consider to be creditworthy? What kind of scores or credit profile is VW looking for in order go take advantage of the best finance and lease terms?

Also, what's the best deal (price, finance and lease rates) one can get on the New .:R (GTI)?

Thanks,

A.

First off poops, the R (I suspect you are referring to the Golf R) is an extremely low production vehicle.  I have one of the larger VW Dealerships in the Tri-State area and am only getting two or three.  Because of this it is completely unsupported by VCI's subvented rates and VWoA's rebates.  I won't allow my salespeople to sell a car over MSRP but most other dealers in our area are getting a premium over MSRP for the R.  So basically the best rate will be what an outside finance company would have.

To answer your other question about VCI, they are fairly strict.  They have an excellent leasing portfolio.   Here's a good idea of what to look for:

Scores          Approval Tier

700+             A Tier (Usually auto approval)

680 - 699     A Tier (Analyst approval)

650 - 679     B Tier

620 - 649     C Tier

619 -             D Tier (95% of Tier D are not approved)

Financing is a little more lax, but not much.  VCI doesn't like to see recent baddies.  Aged a couple years usually aren't too bad as long as the score is in place.  Hope this helps!

Message 47 of 897
idream4success
Established Member

Hey Up N Coming! This is great!!! I've been saving for the .:R  for almost two years. I have two really really ugly baddies from 07, 08 (repos). I've since then been on a rampage trying to fix my credit to finance an .:R. Question, I have quite a bit to put down on a two door base rising blue, what are my chances with my repos. Also are you at Trent Vw if so.... !!! 

Starting Score: 596
Current Score: 669
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

City Of Brotherly Love.... and choke artist pro teams.
Message 48 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@idream4success wrote:

Hey Up N Coming! This is great!!! I've been saving for the .:R  for almost two years. I have two really really ugly baddies from 07, 08 (repos). I've since then been on a rampage trying to fix my credit to finance an .:R. Question, I have quite a bit to put down on a two door base rising blue, what are my chances with my repos. Also are you at Trent Vw if so.... !!! 

I think you mean Trend?  No not Trend Smiley Happy.  So you are saying that you have 2 repos?  How's your TU score?

Message 49 of 897
idream4success
Established Member

Ouch what a fail, yes unfortunately I have two repos with a co-signer. The last time I checked, my TU  was only a 631 (2 months old) I'm hoping to put a depo down on a Golf R and have delivery by my birthday which is the end of May. Rumors has it that the second or third allocation of orders begins early march or so. I'm on the vortex everyday Smiley Frustrated . And thanks for responding.

Starting Score: 596
Current Score: 669
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

City Of Brotherly Love.... and choke artist pro teams.
Message 50 of 897
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.