cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can help, I manage a car dealership.

tag
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Re: I can help, I manage a car dealership.

@UpNComing wrote:

Definitely possible!

Would that be something that needs to be negiotiated? 

Also, could this same program be applied to Audi? I really love the A4.

Photobucket
Message 61 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@FloridaState12 wrote:

@UpNComing wrote:

Definitely possible!

The only reason a down payment would be required is if the payment to income parameters aren't met.  I imagine Audi would offer the same program since VCI is also Audi Financial Services.  But then again they're Bentley's finance company as well Smiley Very Happy

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 62 of 897
Prac

Hello

Been a long time forum lurker and I thought this thread is amazing for information for new car buyers. I too am young, 22, with 2 credit cards, 1 from 4 years ago and one last spring. I wanted your opinion on my chances in buying a new model car around 25k with 8000$ down payment and with a credit score of TU 711 and EX 723 . No late payments, one collection from school which was payed of 2 years ago. I will try to get a loan on my own but I can get a cosigner with 823 credit score. I don't have any other loans because I worked part time to cover school and my employer gives reimbursement on tuition. My Debt to income ratio for the past 6 months always been less than 10%.
I have driven 2 used cars to death and put too much money in repairs, I was thinking that maybe I can purchase a new one now. Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks
Message 63 of 897
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Prac wrote:
Hello

Been a long time forum lurker and I thought this thread is amazing for information for new car buyers. I too am young, 22, with 2 credit cards, 1 from 4 years ago and one last spring. I wanted your opinion on my chances in buying a new model car around 25k with 8000$ down payment and with a credit score of TU 711 and EX 723 . No late payments, one collection from school which was payed of 2 years ago. I will try to get a loan on my own but I can get a cosigner with 823 credit score. I don't have any other loans because I worked part time to cover school and my employer gives reimbursement on tuition. My Debt to income ratio for the past 6 months always been less than 10%.
I have driven 2 used cars to death and put too much money in repairs, I was thinking that maybe I can purchase a new one now. Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks

Congrats on your responsible use of credit Smiley Happy   

By the way, I love this thread too!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 64 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@Prac wrote:
Hello

Thanks

Well Prac, your collection takes you out of a lot of first time buyer programs.  VW requires no blemishes in your past.  However, with a cosigner you're in just fine.  The problem is most lenders want to see like credit before investing in you.  That's why most of us start out with cosigners.  There are some manufacturers that have some pretty lenient programs though.  Honda and Hyundai come to mind as more lenient with first time buyers.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Message 65 of 897
Prac

Thanks for the quick reply.

Another question my cosigner is in the military and suggested using PenFed for their competitive rates. I am planning to buy a car this summer. Should I sign up right away or can I just wait till I'm ready to buy a car? I don't have any hard inq so I don't know how much that will come in affect with a cosigner.
Message 66 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@Prac wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply.

Another question my cosigner is in the military and suggested using PenFed for their competitive rates. I am planning to buy a car this summer. Should I sign up right away or can I just wait till I'm ready to buy a car? I don't have any hard inq so I don't know how much that will come in affect with a cosigner.

That's great advice.  Any good history with a CU can only help you.  With your scores I'm sure you could secure a credit card or maybe even a personal loan that you can pay back quickly in order to establish a quick history to fall back on when it comes time to apply for an auto loan.  Credit Unions are not governed by the same set of rules and standards that a bank are.  They have much more leeway.

Message 67 of 897
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 68 of 897
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@UpNComing wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

@UpNComing wrote:

Definitely possible!

The only reason a down payment would be required is if the payment to income parameters aren't met.  I imagine Audi would offer the same program since VCI is also Audi Financial Services.  But then again they're Bentley's finance company as well Smiley Very Happy

Is there like a general guideline, ratio, formula or something used to determine if payment to income parameters are met? Do you have an example or something you could use? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I'm an eager beaver. Smiley Very Happy

That would be great if Audi has the same deal. No offense, but I'd much prefer an Audi over a VW. Smiley Tongue 

Photobucket
Message 69 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd love to get some more feedback on this one please:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/Interesting-situation-about-first-car-loan/td-p/1210871

I'm confused.  On this thread you said you have no negative marks on your reports.  Didn't you mentioned you have a paid collection from two years ago?

Message 70 of 897
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.